My s3 build thread starts here i guess

Use the audi clamp it's so easy a pair of long nose pliers to open and take of then grip it open with some mole grips to put back on

The draper ones are excellent but if you want something cheaper I'm sure these would do
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=120941960403
I bought a hose clamp pliers like in the picture you uploaded £8.00 well worth it

Fitted it all today

Had oil in turbo inlet is this normal im guessing the turbo pipe has never been removed in its life i cleaned it out but didnt make it bone dry, easy to fit tbh took me bout an hour heres some pics,

I also fed cold air feed from filter down to fog cover but got bit dark i need to cut away fog bit as theres a plastic trim there behind fog lamp for some reason if i cut that away a little i can put cold air feed directly from fog grill onto the filter for better air intake

S3 feels muchmore lively than the a3 and more grip too but a3 low down torque was quicker but s3 overall would kill the a3 performance is just immense

Thats the oil on the turbo wasnt much tbh saying hose had never been taken off in its life

Turns out my intake was the £350 camcoated one so bonus lol

Result mate getting the camcoat one for that price.
Perfectly normal to have a little oil residue there,
Go out and enjoy it now

Reactions: TDI140
Result mate getting the camcoat one for that price.
Perfectly normal to have a little oil residue there,
Go out and enjoy it now

before i left him feed back i checked ad again and it said camcoat so i thought hmmm extra bonus lol, it sounds wicked works well with dv+ i got a little louder hiss on throttle release after dv+ was fitted but with this its even louder which is perfect, just need exhaust now then HPFP next year after winter, and of course 20 sets off alloys if you know my a3 tdi i had 25sets of wheels on that car lol wheel whore as my mates say

View attachment 45157
Thats the oil on the turbo wasnt much tbh saying hose had never been taken off in its life

Snap...!...it's normal,so not a worry in that sense.

There are a couple of breathers at the rear of the cam cover and this is the result......once it's been through the turbo,you can guess where it ends up of course....

Fotted a cold air feed today as revo is good midrange and high end of the rev range but low end bit of lag, probably as car isnt mapped yet though but cold air feed has helpednit breath 100% better

Feed sends air to the bottom of the air filter which is probbaly where very little cold air gets too, it made a noticable amount of difference way better now that its fitted

I know I'm a real paranoid about this,and I know a number of people use a cold air feed from the bumper area,but I would alwqays be a bit concerned about driving through the unexpected water hole in winter time,and scoping a load of water up through the hose.

The original Forge CAI I had was even worse for that risk,as the filter was right down in the bumper,waiting for the next big puddle.

Anyhow,I can't do this now,as Steve @ AMD put my charcoal canister down there.

I know I'm a real paranoid about this,and I know a number of people use a cold air feed from the bumper area,but I would alwqays be a bit concerned about driving through the unexpected water hole in winter time,and scoping a load of water up through the hose.

The original Forge CAI I had was even worse for that risk,as the filter was right down in the bumper,waiting for the next big puddle.

Anyhow,I can't do this now,as Steve @ AMD put my charcoal canister down there.

What will happen if water goes on the filter ?

Surely only eay that will happen is if you go through a 3ft deep puddle otherwise its pretty impossible

Reactions: S3Alex
What will happen if water goes on the filter ?

Surely only eay that will happen is if you go through a 3ft deep puddle otherwise its pretty impossible

It wouldn't need to be that deep but I agree it's very unlikely....it just appealed to my feelings of paranoia.

It wouldn't need to be that deep but I agree it's very unlikely....it just appealed to my feelings of paranoia.

What of there was water on the filter ? Im guessing a tiny bit will go on no matter what you do also a enginehead will keep the filter relitively dry during all weather

Engine heat* sorry im on my phone

What of there was water on the filter ? Im guessing a tiny bit will go on no matter what you do also a enginehead will keep the filter relitively dry during all weather

The real worry with the old Forge was that it could inhale a lot of water,and feed it straight to the engine via the turbo.

I don't think that would really be a possibility with your setup or mine.

The real worry with the old Forge was that it could inhale a lot of water,and feed it straight to the engine via the turbo.

I don't think that would really be a possibility with your setup or mine.

Yeah seem unlikely to happen with this intake could happen to yours with the massive turbo sucking in all the air beast of a car yours is lol, nah but on a real note doubt a little extra cold intake could cause so much water to be sucked up

Yeah seem unlikely to happen with this intake could happen to yours with the massive turbo sucking in all the air beast of a car yours is lol, nah but on a real note doubt a little extra cold intake could cause so much water to be sucked up

Agreed.....with the v1 Forge,it was a potential risk,as the whole filter was mounted where the opening of your piping is,and it was waiting for a large puddle,but the current ones shouldn't ever have problems.

(I'm not paranoid but I just want to know who's looking over my shoulder etc etc....)

I'm running the similar setup too, and i also had forge v1 intake.. You're safe from hydrolock. The difference is that with forge you had the entire pipework from turbo to the filter behind the fog light in one piece causing it to suck air from arround the filter hence the high probability of hydrolock although more than a half of filter should be in water and you should be wot at the time. Never happened to me but it happened to my friend. With this setup you got the pipework and filter in the line with headlights and the cold air feed isn't attached to it so it doesn't suck air. It actually only directs air to the filter, so there isn' suction under pressure. Also if you ever get in the puddle deep enough it won't go that high and if it gets there is a gap between the air feed and filter which would couse water to spill arround and not to go into the filter. At least that's my view on it..

Reactions: Mario8P and S3Alex
I'm running the similar setup too, and i also had forge v1 intake.. You're safe from hydrolock. The difference is that with forge you had the entire pipework from turbo to the filter behind the fog light in one piece causing it to suck air from arround the filter hence the high probability of hydrolock although more than a half of filter should be in water and you should be wot at the time. Never happened to me but it happened to my friend. With this setup you got the pipework and filter in the line with headlights and the cold air feed isn't attached to it so it doesn't suck air. It actually only directs air to the filter, so there isn' suction under pressure. Also if you ever get in the puddle deep enough it won't go that high and if it gets there is a gap between the air feed and filter which would couse water to spill arround and not to go into the filter. At least that's my view on it..
Sounds on point mate bout right what you said,my cold air feed is about 15cm from the actual filter so doubt it will get soaked but if we get floods ill bang the standard intake back on,

Buta wuaestion i have is if i have it tuned stage 2+ and then need to put the standard airbox on will it be ok to drive ? Or will it be bad for the car ?

The car is likely to misfire under load with the stock airbox.
As you've got the feed separated from the filter I wouldn't worry about anything other than proper floods.

Sounds on point mate bout right what you said,my cold air feed is about 15cm from the actual filter so doubt it will get soaked but if we get floods ill bang the standard intake back on,

Buta wuaestion i have is if i have it tuned stage 2+ and then need to put the standard airbox on will it be ok to drive ? Or will it be bad for the car ?
My stage 2+ has done the last 1000 miles on standard air box without problem. (Revo kit back on now)
In fact it runs much smoother and much more punch lower down.
It doesn't pull as hard above 4-5k though.

Mine had a top end misfire which wouldn't go away until the stock box was removed and a full CAI put on.

Why do you try and do everything on the cheap?

There's a reason the more expensive brands are more expensive.

Look around and see what everyone else has, everyone can't be wrong..
I've got a P-Flo, it works fine for Stage 1 and Neuspeed could never be considered cheap crap...

Ill deffo be coveringthe cold air feed when the snow comes s all towel in there and plastic bag over the inlet and outlet of the feed to prevend the hydro lock snow on the other hand will be 1ft+ so will 100% get into the air feed and directly into the filter

I love it in themor int when its warmed up and the cris cold air is hitting the filter it pulls so well cant beat it cant wait til next year when i can bolt kn the stage 2+ bits