My first S3 - Black Edition

NFox

S3 Black Edition
Reaction score
Hi all,

May have already met some of you on some of the facebook groups but thought I would say hi! I am a first time S3 owner as of last Friday and I am loving every minute of it. I have wanted an S3 for years so it has been a great feeling finally being able to join the club!

I went for a 2010 S3 Black edition with the RS4 style wheels, possibly a bit controversial but I prefer them to the Rotar's. Managed to find an extremely low mileage example with just 16k on the clock, backed up by MOTs and full audi service history and with the cambelt and water pump being done last year I cant help but think I found an exceptional example!

Car is reasonably specced with the RNS-E, Parking sensors, heated seats etc and I went for the S-Tronic box which is just incredible, I am so impressed!

Bit short on the photos it hasnt stopped raining since I picked it up Friday but her she is tucked up on the drive!

13987549_10155130946918154_7648720849152796204_o.jpg

Have lots of plans already but will be starting with something very simple and that is the ashtray delete, for one I do not need the ash tray but two I have a slight creak from some of the trim so see it as an opportunity to get some felt in place to stop it!

I will be sure to keep you all updated with my progress and looking forward to speaking/meeting you all!

Reactions: Raiden, Hookmonster and Lapapps
Very nice car. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Welcome... Nice colour I'm forever washing mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice car. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Thank you and I think it goes without saying :)

Welcome... Nice colour I'm forever washing mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have had black cars in the past and it always feels like all you ever do is clean them! They look so great when clean though so makes it worth it!

Reactions: Sandra
Fit a rs3 front, with full black badges, it's common, but looks super mean. That's what I would do first if I had a black one haha
Welcome! And have fun driving it!

Reactions: Ben2487
Fit a rs3 front, with full black badges, it's common, but looks super mean. That's what I would do first if I had a black one haha

Personally I don't like the Rs3 grill on a black S3 I like them on every other colour apart from black.

First mod surely has to be stage 1 remap.

Personally I don't like the Rs3 grill on a black S3 I like them on every other colour apart from black.

Yeah stage one for power wise, but rs3 grill and badges are cheap aswell haha

Very nice I have the same but with the Rs3 alloys on mine go to unicorn for your map

Nice car pal, there's plenty of advice on here to help you spend money

Reactions: S3Alex

Yes I have seen a few with that and it does look good, I do have some ideas around the cosmetics some slightly different but watch this space!

I do want to go stage 1 but I want to try and keep the car as long as possible and I have a tendency to get bored easily! So my plan is to get used to the car and power as it stands then maybe in to the new year look at going stage 1!

Yeah stage one for power wise, but rs3 grill and badges are cheap aswell haha

Is anyone aware of anywhere you can get genuine carbon fibre badges for the front and back (not wrapped)?

Very nice I have the same but with the Rs3 alloys on mine go to unicorn for your map

Where abouts are they based? Do people rate the Revo maps?

Nice car pal, there's plenty of advice on here to help you spend money

Haha no doubt, it's such a great service you all provide :D Looking forward to putting my stamp on the car though so all advice and feedback will be more than welcome along the route!

Thanks all for the warm welcomes!

Yes I have seen a few with that and it does look good, I do have some ideas around the cosmetics some slightly different but watch this space!

I do want to go stage 1 but I want to try and keep the car as long as possible and I have a tendency to get bored easily! So my plan is to get used to the car and power as it stands then maybe in to the new year look at going stage 1!

Is anyone aware of anywhere you can get genuine carbon fibre badges for the front and back (not wrapped)?

Where abouts are they based? Do people rate the Revo maps?

Haha no doubt, it's such a great service you all provide :D Looking forward to putting my stamp on the car though so all advice and feedback will be more than welcome along the route!

Thanks all for the warm welcomes!

There in Manchester with a dealer somewhere too Revo is so outdated now due to it being a generic map and not been updated for a long while we're Rick is fully custom and know what he is doing not just out for your money

Welcome to ASN...car looks very good.

There in Manchester with a dealer somewhere too Revo is so outdated now due to it being a generic map and not been updated for a long while we're Rick is fully custom and know what he is doing not just out for your money

Oh thanks for the advice, I will certainly look in to him then when the time comes :)

Welcome to ASN...car looks very good.

Thanks, the forum seems a lot more active than my previous too which is great. Missed being part of a decent community!

Thanks, the forum seems a lot more active than my previous too which is great. Missed being part of a decent community!

It's a great community here.....helped me a lot when I joined.

There is a company that does carbon fibre badges at £170 each, but what you also you have to remember is how easy someone can pop them off, it's a lot of money to spend on something that won't stand out personally

It's a great community here.....helped me a lot when I joined.

Great to hear!

There is a company that does carbon fibre badges at £170 each, but what you also you have to remember is how easy someone can pop them off, it's a lot of money to spend on something that won't stand out personally

Very valid point, guessing a few have learned the hard way then? It's awful that that even has to be a consideration. It was depressing to read the first few posts on one of the facebook groups, just one story after another around cars being keyed, mirrors being kicked off etc. Going to be a nervous wreck leaving the S3 anywhere!

Great to hear!

Very valid point, guessing a few have learned the hard way then? It's awful that that even has to be a consideration. It was depressing to read the first few posts on one of the facebook groups, just one story after another around cars being keyed, mirrors being kicked off etc. Going to be a nervous wreck leaving the S3 anywhere!

You should enjoy it here,even if your wallet doesn't.

There will always be someone around to help you spend some more......

You should enjoy it here,even if your wallet doesn't.

There will always be someone around to help you spend some more......

Haha providing a real service :) How do I put those banners under my avatar btw?