My Audi S3 build

Cam follower changed

Car is booked in for Revo Stage 1 for the 1st Aug :)

Cam follower changed

Car is booked in for Revo Stage 1 for the 1st Aug :)

Adam how much is the remap costing you from statler? I'm in sheff so it's only 5-10mins from me. Was the cam follower easy to change? Car looks spot on mate, where in sheffield are u?

Adam how much is the remap costing you from statler? I'm in sheff so it's only 5-10mins from me. Was the cam follower easy to change? Car looks spot on mate, where in sheffield are u?

£495 there is 20% off at the min so it's just like VAT free :) yeah cam follower is easy to do there are plenty of guides online and videos to help you. I'm from eckington. What about u?

£495 there is 20% off at the min so it's just like VAT free :) yeah cam follower is easy to do there are plenty of guides online and videos to help you. I'm from eckington. What about u?

Oh sound I'll have a look an get it changed, I'm from gleadless pal but living on basegreen now mate.

Oh sound I'll have a look an get it changed, I'm from gleadless pal but living on basegreen now mate.
Even easier when your dads a mechanic so you just get to stand and watch him do it for you haha ahh right not too far then you got a orange S3?

Even easier when your dads a mechanic so you just get to stand and watch him do it for you haha ahh right not too far then you got a orange S3?

Ye solar one mate, ha mite av to watch my mate do it easier than me then..

Had a trip to LVS Racing today for a Revo Stage 1 remap, would recommend these guys to anyone they are great guys top customer service! Car feels so much better anyone thinking of going for a remap...get it done!!

Reactions: rdfcpete and mechanic69
Few pics from the weekend of mine n my mates A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line Black Edition...

small world, did you used to have a Focus?. I used to live in Eckington on the Birkhill Estate, but now living at ridgeway.
I've seen the solar S3 around to :)

Nice easy little mod the DRL for out era of S3. Car is looking good.

small world, did you used to have a Focus?. I used to live in Eckington on the Birkhill Estate, but now living at ridgeway.
I've seen the solar S3 around to :)
Nope never had a focus! Last few cars I've had are...

Had rear tints done today :)

Also had a power run on the dyno after having Revo Stage 1, very pleased with the results!

Hi Adam, where did you get all your LED lights for your car? I've a 2005 A3 Sport so i'm sure it'll be the same for all the lights inside and also the number plate lights also..

Do you recon the same LED lights you have for your side lights will also fit mine?

Thanks

Nice figures for a stage 1!

Reactions: adam_may
Hi Adam, where did you get all your LED lights for your car? I've a 2005 A3 Sport so i'm sure it'll be the same for all the lights inside and also the number plate lights also..

Do you recon the same LED lights you have for your side lights will also fit mine?

Thanks
This is the interior kit I bought...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261420275984

Mine has the light pack so has puddle lights, map light and footwell lights so you only need that one of yours has all of those too.

And these are the sidelights and number plate lights I used...I think your sidelights will be the same yes!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281110077412

LED light pack makes a difference doesn't it, looks fresh. Nice car.

Couple of pics of the LEDs

Hi mate, just wondered where you got both sets of bulbs from and how much? Also do you have any problems with errors on the dash after fitting them? Also lovely looking car mate, are the insides of the headlights painted black? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi mate, just wondered where you got both sets of bulbs from and how much? Also do you have any problems with errors on the dash after fitting them? Thanks in advance.
If you look a couple of posts up I have just put the links for someone else. The only ones that brung errors up on the dash were the DRLs but managed to sort that out with vagcom :)

If you look a couple of posts up I have just put the links for someone else. The only ones that brung errors up on the dash were the DRLs but managed to sort that out with vagcom :)
Sorry mate ignore me, literally just clocked the previous post with link. Thank for the reply though pal.

Hi mate, can you confirm that this pic is with just the sidelights switched on? Thanks. Also thought if warn you, I had the same type numberplate bulbs as what you have fitted and were fine until I took them out to change the angle of the light and then errors came up for every bulb in the left rear light but was intermittent and still coming up when I put the halogens back in. Had to get all new bulbs to sort it but also notice when I removed the numberplate bulb that it had melted a bit of the plastic directly above where the bulb sits when fitted. I think this is due to the heat from the resistor. Just something worth keeping an eye on.

Hi mate, can you confirm that this pic is with just the sidelights switched on? Thanks. Also thought if warn you, I had the same type numberplate bulbs as what you have fitted and were fine until I took them out to change the angle of the light and then errors came up for every bulb in the left rear light but was intermittent and still coming up when I put the halogens back in. Had to get all new bulbs to sort it but also notice when I removed the numberplate bulb that it had melted a bit of the plastic directly above where the bulb sits when fitted. I think this is due to the heat from the resistor. Just something worth keeping an eye on.
Yeah it's just with the sidelights on, but after fitting my LED DRLs and coding on vagcom to get the error on the dash off my DRLs are on with my sidelights too they just dim down. Hope that makes sense? And thanks for the heads up I'll take them out and check them

Washer and coolant bottle lids done back :)

Decat and downpipe fitted to standard cat back love the sound and odd pop on gear changes :D

HPFP ready to be fitted just waiting on a new cam follower.

Sach clutch and SMF should be here this week then ready for Stage 2+!

Looks excellent, the DRL's look a treat Adam :)

Intake setup looks very OEM which I like, top work.

Are you taking it to LVS for your next stage of tune?

If you are interested they are doing a track day at Blyton Park and there is normally a few S3's. Good day out for not a lot of money.

Are you taking it to LVS for your next stage of tune?

If you are interested they are doing a track day at Blyton Park and there is normally a few S3's. Good day out for not a lot of money.

Yes I will be going to LVS for my Stage 2+ on the 31st May on their open day, when is the track day?

RS4 fuel pressure valve fitted today

With the help of a modified spanner haha

Auto tech HPFP and Sach clutch and SMF getting fitted on Sunday :)

Fuel pump fitted :)

Updated clutch and SMF also fitted today

Clutch is going to take some getting used to! But feels so much better to drive!

Also did a Haldex service and changed engine oil and filter.

Stage 2+ Revo map will be getting done at the LVS Racing Open day next weekend :)

The Rev D diverter valve? It's just a revised version as the older ones are common for splitting and leaking boost! So just changed it as a precaution :)

Ah right I see. Are you running stage 2+ with just a downpipe? I've been wondering if that will be enough as opposed to full exhaust?

Hi mate which smf flywheel did you get fitted. Car is coming along nicely!
I've recently had a loba/Sachs SMF setup fitted and the idle chatter isn't too bad at all but I get some deceleration noise that's thrash (which I can live with) but the worst thing is not being able to shift into gears if rpm is at 6000 or higher. Wondering if yours is bang on?