My A3 .... Sorted!

miltybilty

Reaction score
Hey all.
Just a quick post thread regarding what I've done to my A3 and pics, cuz I haven't really ever posted something like this.
Maybe one day it'll get tuned ....
I'll updated it with different stuff when it gets installed on the car and etc.

-full bolt on except turbo .... So partial bolt on. Fluid damper pulley, pipes and etc.
-034 street density mounts and BFI stg1 subframe mount insert.
-polybushings here and there.
-034 parts .... Like toe arms etc.
-H&R front and rear sways.
-tyrolsport subframe locking collar kit.
-braided brake lines.
-R1 concepts crossdrilled and slotted rotors.
-Hawk HPS, front pads.
-tyrolsport caliper stiffening bushings.
-lowering springs, that are rough.
-Mk6 R dampers/shocks all around. And TT mounts.
-newsouth boost gauge and pod on column.
-uni intake.
-GFB DV+
-spulen turbo muffler delete, TOP and charge pipe.
-Passat/S3 LCA and knuckles.
-other stuff.

Wheels are 2011 Audi A6 ten spokes with 18x8 et43 .... Bout 26lbs (read heavy).
(Custom flat spots and bends)
AS3+ tires.

The car in question is a 2011 A3 sportback TFSI Quattro, S-line, stone-chip edition.
Scuba blue. S-tronic (read, built with balsa wood).

Picture of the car back when it was on coils (ST XTA)
f265df70b0e1dd12a46b513e77bd07f7.jpg

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy
@Sandra .... I don't know if I post in the right section. Sorry. I checked right after I posted. Tapatalk auto decides sometimes.

Well i am guessing you will be nearly Skint by now after adding all that jewellery , now sll you need to do is some mods to the outside lol.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:.

Well i am guessing you will be nearly Skint by now after adding all that jewellery , now sll you need to do is some mods to the outside lol.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:.
Yikes .... Yes it's terribly expensive.

.... Yep I need an S3 front bumper, maxton front lip and S3 side skirts .... Plus a repaint .... But I might have moved on before that .... and then just keep this for a project to work on myself now and then.

Also I bought Mk6 R springs last night.
Should be more comfortable than now.

Also gots some boxster calipers somewhere in Canada that belong to me .... Gonna install them in spring likely.

On springs .... Looking cleanish for once.
fa028dd7bb2aa5da16be9026c0d389f3.jpg

Reactions: ch1z64
Great colour. Like the wheels 2 :)
.... Cheers, thanks.
Wheels were a good mistake .... They fit perfectly by accident .... Didn't even need rings .... And they fit nice .... Just got them on Kijiji and they happened to be the right offset

Although they do need straightening some.

Yes you in right section. :)
Ah thanks .... I then checked some other builds and it seems fine .... I was just worried that I somehow got it in the technical section

Cheers.

Reactions: ch1z64 and Sandra
So today ....

I got my car back.

Now drives almost perfect.

Steers properly

Almost happy me. Lol

Also got the S3/RS3 style, solid, voidless, rubber, OEM LCA, front bushings installed, to replace the crappy loosening ECS-tuning polybushings. Steering definitely feels better. Basically I don't like poly cuz it needs service and I don't like that!

Also got a catless downpipe installed.
Hardly loud at all. I wouldn't even call it loud. No drone. Almost a bit of a let down sound wise. Smells like go-carting!

Also I currently have full OEM A3 shocks all around with the eiback pro-kit and the ride is basically OEM .... There linear springs like factory.

My dampers were Mk6R items before and the ride was harsh and crashy.

Now smooth

New OEM toe arms/lateral links (in another thread of mine about issues regarding 4wheel steer) .... Aftermarket items had bit the dust

New rear upper OEM control arms .... Niceeeee .... And new.

Also I installed factory bushings into the trailing arms as I did not like the Poly in there as it was stiff and likely contributing to the crashy ride.

Also when I got home I installed my clearmounts phone holder, which is nifty, nice and neat. Definitely worth it. Almost underpriced I would say.

7790d350c836ace7b8ae0540742431e4.jpg

De-cats are officially antisocial ....

IMHO

I thought it'd be fine .... But sometimes I'm feeling like it doesn't smell so pleasant in the cabin when I'm stopped.

And drive-through people don't like me

Yaaarrrrrggggg

Hey all,

Car is onto another owner ....

He can deal with it's problems .... Granted I had replaced a ton of stuff so it won't likely give him too much trouble ....

Anyway ....

What completely fixed my rear end sway and snipe was replacing both lateral links .... Front and rear on the rear right of the car .... Then the car became normal again .... So the front lateral link and then the rear lateral link/control arm that holds the bottom of the spring ....

Got sick of it cuz it just kept breaking ....

Even though I kept fixing it ....

So I bought an ATS 3.6 and boy does it sound and drive like a proper car .... Super pleased.

Cheers all