My A3 - new mods!

Professional pics - soon to be in an Irish Car Magazine

2939206701_48884f7e65_o.jpg

2939206459_e5654476e5_o.jpg

2942128540_da00063646_o.jpg

2941272703_25dafc8c81_o.jpg

Thanks guys!

Got the steering wheel finally programmed tonight so I am very happy with it!

Looks very mean! Wouldn't like to see that flying up behind me in my rear view mirror :scared2:

You've done a good job there!

Wow. Car looks awesome. Are those 18 or 19" CH's?

Drew

PS: First post from across the pond.

Absolutely awesome car! Great photos!

IMO those are the best wheels ever for an A3.

Boydie really love the car, I have to say it's the perfect look!

Out of interest you mentioned that the s-line rear bumper is a different shape, do you know if you can fit the bottom section with the black cut out to a sport bumper?

Ur Car looks Awesome!!

I just got my stonechips sprayed so am onto the modding stage now!!

Hunting eBay everynight for vortex bits :D

BTW, how does the car handle and ride with the 19s and lwoered suspension?

Car looks mint...jsut hope mine can get there some day!

Wow. Car looks awesome. Are those 18 or 19" CH's?

Drew

PS: First post from across the pond.

Drew - they are 19x8.5 BBS CH offset et50 with 235/35/19 tyres :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments men!

Baseline - unfortunately the s-line splitter does not fit the sports bumper! Keep an eye out at the breakers or ebay for a complete rear bumper. I made a good decision I think as the s-line is much beefier and smoother looking I believe!

Kaz - the car handles very well with the drop and 19s - however, the car's turning circle is pathetic now but it does not bother me. Also, with the addition of the s-line rear bumper, there is a bit of ruubbing off some screws which are located on the inside of the arch line. I am going to have to investigate this when I have a free weekend but it only rubs if I had a bump but again....doesnt bother me!

when you changed the bumper did you need any other parts? or is just a simple bumper on off job?

Just the bumper and splitter is all that is required - you can transfer screws and clips from the old one onto it!

Boydie, I followed your lead here and applied the vinyl to the chrome pieces.

I'm toying with the idea of adding more vinyl to the central section of bumper where the number plate sits. Which may give the impression of the single frame grill.

What you rekon? Apologies for the dodgy effort on your picture, I've only got MS paint ..........

1.jpg

Wouldnt really fancy it mate but its only vinyl so if I am bored some evening, it wont hurt!

car is absolutely quality, shows that its not all about single grille!

Boydie, How many strips of vinyl did you cut for each grill section? I have finally managed to get my hands on some Matt Black so hopefully this will sort the trouble i had with stone chips on my painted out grill sections!

It wasnt much - I just covered it by a whole sheet then cut out the middle out so base the size you need by the size of the grill itself

so you just used one piece for the top and another for the bottom and then pulled it tight to take out any slack rather than cutting strips for the sides, bottom and top of each section?

I used one whole piece for the grill and just heated and stretched it for the corners - I did have to use some small bits to cover little bits of chrome but you cannot see this!

A couple of pro shots taken for a magazine shoot:

2941272703_25dafc8c81_o.jpg

2942128540_da00063646_o.jpg

The car looks awesome... Will give the vinyl another go when i have some more time, maybe i was rushing tonight but it seems a bit tricky, Thanks for the info though.

Awsome bits you have added. Its different but not outrageously so... Just RIGHT!!!.

BTW love the Vinyl application. I did the chrome trims on my Golf Mk II before and put red stripes on.... Looked like a GTI for a second!!

Spec list my friends - thanks for the comments!

Tyres are 235/35/19

2004 2.0TDI 140PD Sport

Exterior:

OEM Votex skirt kit
S-Line rear bumper
Lamin-X light tin
De-wipered
Shocker Wiper Bung
De-badged
De-chromed with Vinyl
Matt black front badge
MY09 Rear lights
Rear mudflaps
Lamin-x Light and Fog Tint

Interior:

Storage pack
Light pack
Armrest
Genuine mats
S3 Flat Bottom Multi Function Steering Wheel
S3 Gear knob
S3 Hand brake
S3 pedals
Audi TTS Air Vents
Fishscale trim
Focal speaker grills - Custom made
Trimmed back front seats with Audi Logo
Audi torch

ICE:

Becker Grand Prix Head Unit
Focal K2P Components
Audio Control EQL
Diamond M6 10" Sub
Genesis Dual Mono
Genesis 4 Channel
Street Wires Wiring Kit
Audio Advice Bootbuild

Engine:

R8 oil cap
OBD Autotune Remap - 175bhp 306lb/ft
Green panel filter
Miltek non-resonated cat back exhaust

Wheels/ Suspension:

19X8.5 BBS CH
235/35/19 tyres
FK Highsport coilovers
OEM Audi wheel nut covers

To Come:

Sach Uprated Organic Clutch

Looks very well :D

I think you may be the best person to ask as you seem to have the same taste as me,

Just purchased a 2005 Big Grille A3, plan to fit Votex front, votex sides and roof spoiler but im not sure on the rear diffuser,

Is there any other option to fit to the lower section?

Hope that makes sense sorry im abit new to the A3,

Rob

Forget the front lip mate - source yourself an S-Line front bumper which is much nicer IMO!

As for the back, get the S-Line rear like mine, look better than any other valence on the market!

Thanks for the comments!

OK, so i guess S-Line front, Votex sides and S-line rear?

Would it not be worth trying to get S3 front ?

Cheers
Rob

Like you said, S3 is for S3 :yes:

One thing you forgot to say is the colour of the car... Is it original colour ? Maybe can you give us the colour code ?

It is original colour slater - its mauritius blue! Pearlescent paint - lovely and sparkly when clean!

Hi there i see you have putt tt vents in your a3, would you know if i could install tt 2004 vents in my 2007 a3 any advice please.
GAZZA

hI THERE IM NEW TO THE FORUM ,I WOULD LIKE TO FIT TT2005 AIRVENTS INTO MY 2007 A3 DO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.
GAZZA

i think the vents just wiggle out with some force and should be a straght swap dont count me on this though ...