1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

My A3 doesn't have puddle lights

Joen Dec 8, 2017

1. Joen

Joen Registered User

I wanted to put the Audi logo on the doors but there are no puddle lights, Is there a chance if I remove the cover, the connector is there? Anywhere around london or abouts where I can get them installed anyone knows? Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. GTAIVgunner

GTAIVgunner Registered User

Hi mate, the puddle lights are really easy to install yourself. You just use a flat head screw driver to pop the old ones out, unplug them and then put the new ones in. They can be ordered from Audi directly or from eBay. I used these and I've had no issues:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-AUDI-...hash=item2cba081caf:m:m3TA0B6SPOWU1_25c6QMM8Q

Got all four for cheaper than what one of the Audi ones would've cost :)

4. Joen

Joen Registered User

But that's the thing, there are no old ones! :D I have the 2013 A3 Sportback. For some reason no puddle lights are installed.

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Ping me a pm for supply/fit :)

6. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Registered User

what made you think they had them in the first place?

7. GTAIVgunner

GTAIVgunner Registered User

That's so weird! There should be some sort of light there :O

8. Joen

Joen Registered User

I watched the tutorials of how to fit them and I thought they were standard :( my bad

9. Joen

Joen Registered User

Nah, there's a red reflector on the side. At the bottom, there is the "footprint" of the puddle lights but there are no lights there.

GTAIVgunner likes this.
  10. oli356

oli356 Registered User

11. VinceXR

VinceXR Registered User

What models do the puddle lights come on as standard? I'm picking up my new black edition on Sunday and I was hoping it'd have them :)

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Rideen

Rideen Registered User

Can the plastic (where puddle lights are supposed to be) be removed and is there connector already for us who don't have the puddle lights?

Or some drilling is involved...?

14. oli356

oli356 Registered User

As far as I can tell from the current price list... https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/...-and-Sportback-including-e-tron-Pricelist.pdf

It (Audi beam) comes standard on the S3 and it doesn't look like you can include it as part of any pack... might be wrong though

15. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

You're right that Audi Beam comes standard on the S3 but you should have normal puddles lights on the Black Edition because the Interior Light Pack is standard on the S-Line and Black Edition as far as I'm aware and therefore you should be able to swap them out for Audi Beam

16. oli356

oli356 Registered User

I'm still unsure, I can't make much sense of the brochures..

Facelift: (no mention of Audi Beam)
    QQ4: LED Interior Lighting Pack
    In addition to the standard interior lighting:
    ► Illuminated vanity mirrors
    ► Illuminated cupholders
    ► Illuminated door sills, front
    ► Ambient lighting in the centre console ► Lighting for footwells ► Reading lights
    ► Passive door reflectors

Pre Facelift: (no mention of Audi beam either though)
    QQ4: Interior lighting package.
    Anti-glare lighting for the passenger compartment comprising door sill and footwell lighting at the front as well as illuminated inside door openers, vanity mirrors and illuminated cup holders, 2 reading lights each at the front and rear, LED interior ambient lighting and active door reflectors. Also available as part of the Xenon light package (WB6) or the LED light
    package (PG1)

17. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Well I have to agree with you that it has got confusing - I have a 2016 S3 which I ordered with Interior Light Pack (This included puddle lights) and paid extra for Audi Beam - Facelift model has Interior Light Package as standard now with S Line models getting illuminated door sills as well (Although just has the S emblem now same as the S3 - Audi penny pinching even though S3 is more expensive) and then the S3 has Audi Beam as standard so assume that S-Line Black Edition will have normal puddles lights - I did notice that they no longer have the red door lights when opened only reflectors now (more savings!!)

I think you will be ok and should be able to swap them out for Audi Beam but worth checking with the dealer although to late to do anything about it now I suppose

Enjoy your new car though

18. Kyle3218

Kyle3218 New Member

Hi, my Audi S3 doesn’t have puddle lights, but instead has a plastic part where they should be.

if I popped the plastic bit out, would it have the wires to install the puddle lights into?

thanks

19. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

What year is it - I assume not a facelift model as should have Audi Beam anyway - If Pre Facelift and additional Interior Lighting pack wasn't added as an option I don't think you'll have the multiplugs there - Back in the day you would have but car manufacturers seemed to stop putting the full wiring looms in and then blanking off due to weight and emissions - You'll probably be able to pick up the power from there somewhere there

Someone on here will put you in the right direction

20. Kyle3218

Kyle3218 New Member

Hi. Thanks for reply. It’s a 2015 model, I have attached a photo of what is in place at the moment on it, I don’t know wether to try pop it out too see what’s underneath.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

21. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Well it should pop out ok I would have thought - Would have needed interior light pack although found an old brochure I'd saved for June 2015 and Oct 2015 and doesn't mention puddle lights but I thought they were part of the interior light pack - Audi Beam standard on the S3 in May 16

22. CanadaA3wales

CanadaA3wales Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP

I have a 2014/15 A3 2.0 and it doesnt have the lights either, just the blank
    Let me know if you find a loom to hook up a light.

But to be honest I dont really do any night time driving anyway, but would be cool to have the Audi rings when you open the door.

23. Mikeso51

Mikeso51 Registered User

Robin at www.rocketwires.co.uk can supply looms or complete kits for door lights, floor lights etc at very reasonable prices. You do need to code using VCDS. No connection, just a satisfied customer.

24. Clod

Clod 2017 Audi NA A3 S-line

I have some footwell and door light looms for sale in the classifieds.

25. CK87

CK87 Registered User

No, if you don't have the lighting package installed, there wouldn't be any ready to use wires inside the door.

Tags: