MTM M-Cantronic tuning box

30% is 69bhp, so the DTUK one adds less than this.

That's true but a member on here told me last night that new files have been released for the DTUK box. Perhaps it generates more power now but that's pure speculation. Esure are not mod-friendly at all so even if it is "only" 30%, I'm sure they'll make me bend over for the privilege.

When your insurance is up for renewal just go somewhere else.
DTYME83

That's what I said ;)

The new files haven't been dyno'd yet, but driver feed back is that it is a decent extra whack, so it may push you over 30%

Reactions: thewanted
Well, the MTM M-Cantronic has been fitted to my Audi S1 :) Very, very pleased with the results. 305BHP up from a dyno'd 247BHP (231BHP claimed).

The car does not have any of the weird vibration that I felt through the pedals when I had the JB1 fitted. I honestly think that you get what you pay for after experiencing both a cheap and expensive tuning box. The quality of the M-Cantronic is extremely high. The case is solid metal, and the loom is heavy and well insulated.

The car always felt a bit flat when gearing down to 4th from 6th at 50mph for an overtake. The performance is excellent now, and 231BHP per tonne is certainly a lot of fun in a car of this size. Big thanks to Kim at QSTuning for the great customer service!

44jm0v8.jpg

lBGjEzL.jpg

xhynmfI.jpg

7sEt49m.jpg

Reactions: leshkin and Ian Whiffen
It's kind of like mine, with all the wiring. Although mine plugs in directly to the ecu. Good figures as well. It does make the car so much more fun to drive. I just can't wait to change the tyres as the Conti xl's that were fitted seem to make the car unsteady on fast corners.
2015 04 28 173653

Mine plugs directly into the ECU too :) The MTM and ABT modules are pretty much identical, except yours is fixed via a bracket, and mine uses velcro.

Cannot wait to get a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine. Really not enjoying the Bridgestone S001s that mine came with.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Oh brilliant. Did your ecu not have the tamper proof cover? Not that it's going to stop anyone lol. Yeah I think Michelin Pilots too.

Oh brilliant. Did your ecu not have the tamper proof cover? Not that it's going to stop anyone lol. Yeah I think Michelin Pilots too.

Yeah it did. Kim at QST said that he's had a few S1s in that didn't have the cage installed at all, so you can please ignorance if Audi ever ask.

Didnt realise the loss through transmission was so much, thats crazy.

Mine plugs directly into the ECU too :) The MTM and ABT modules are pretty much identical, except yours is fixed via a bracket, and mine uses velcro.

Cannot wait to get a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine. Really not enjoying the Bridgestone S001s that mine came with.
Agree definitely the weak point in the chassis if I wasn't buying a focus rs I'd get rid now there absolutely s#*te, the grip is good in the dry but in damp conditions you wouldn't think you had a four wheel drive car they ruin the car.
At least my new rs comes with a choice of Michelin super sport or cup 2, I've gone for super sports.
I'd get rid of them and bite the bullet had michelins on my 335 they were fantastic.

Agree definitely the weak point in the chassis if I wasn't buying a focus rs I'd get rid now there absolutely s#*te, the grip is good in the dry but in damp conditions you wouldn't think you had a four wheel drive car they ruin the car.
At least my new rs comes with a choice of Michelin super sport or cup 2, I've gone for super sports.
I'd get rid of them and bite the bullet had michelins on my 335 they were fantastic.
I don't know why Audi feel the need to run tyres with a reinforced wall. The tyre pressure is miles higher and you just don't get the give in the walls like ordinary tyres. I suppose they are not as bad as run flats maybe.

Ha ha I'm agreeing again had run flats on my BMW 123d the ride was brutal especially on bumpy country roads.
I'm sure that's why I developed a bad back!
Get rid of the Bridgestones!

Ha ha I'm agreeing again had run flats on my BMW 123d the ride was brutal especially on bumpy country roads.
I'm sure that's why I developed a bad back!
Get rid of the Bridgestones!

I will but they still have an average of 4mm all round. We're planning an Alps trip for April/May, so I will stick Pilot Super Sports on for that :)

Yeah I have done about 8k on my Conti's they will need changing soon thank goodness

Yeah I have done about 8k on my Conti's they will need changing soon thank goodness

Fair play! I've done 15500 on my Bridgestones, so either those Contis are very soft, or you drive much harder than I do :)

Fair play! I've done 15500 on my Bridgestones, so either those Contis are very soft, or you drive much harder than I do :)
Aha; yeah I do zoom around lol but they are about 1mm above the low tread indicator so they might last another couple of thousand

Well, the MTM M-Cantronic has been fitted to my Audi S1 :) Very, very pleased with the results. 305BHP up from a dyno'd 247BHP (231BHP claimed).

The car does not have any of the weird vibration that I felt through the pedals when I had the JB1 fitted. I honestly think that you get what you pay for after experiencing both a cheap and expensive tuning box. The quality of the M-Cantronic is extremely high. The case is solid metal, and the loom is heavy and well insulated.

The car always felt a bit flat when gearing down to 4th from 6th at 50mph for an overtake. The performance is excellent now, and 231BHP per tonne is certainly a lot of fun in a car of this size. Big thanks to Kim at QSTuning for the great customer service!

44jm0v8.jpg

lBGjEzL.jpg

xhynmfI.jpg

7sEt49m.jpg

what was the total cost of this ? was it fitted at qst ?

£1279.95 inc. VAT, and yes it was fitted at QST as I said above :)