mods

wheatobear

Reaction score
hi there im pretty new to this ... im gunna be modding my a3... any advice on good mods is appreciated...gunna order coilovers end of the month and im on the lookout for wheels...but thinkin just normal s3 wheels for now..any other mods which are good??

oh and whats the difference between a smoothed/drilled airbox and say an enclosed system??

thanks
Dan

Im one to talk, but the search button is your friend lol not on tapatalk tho :(

But i will suggest a few things :)If you have a 1.8t then bang for buck power has to be a silicone tip and yes a smooted airbox if your going for oem look, but a jetex/k&n type filter will be the best for added noise. As for handeling, go buy the front wishbones,hubs,steering rack from a leon cupra r, wont cost more than £300 and thats including fitting if you get the bits cheaper. I would also suggest telling people what engine you got lol as the list for a 1.6 is not going to be that long but the 1.8t will be endless :)

sorry folks i got the 1.8 non turbo!

Fail.

Nope, there is NOTHING you can or should do to it to make it quicker. Other than sell it and buy a 1.8t.

Throw a set of cheap £200 ebay coilovers on it, get some 18" BBS CH reps or something and just deck it. Anything past that will just be a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
As above engine wise, it would be costly trying to extract a few horses,
There is nothing stopping you making it look nice and how you want it though...:icon_thumright:

go for looks rather than performance.

i have a set of genuine rstt wheels if ur interested

Yes go for look as I've done or swap the engine for 1.8T. It cost for AQA or AQU around 600 quid.

go for looks rather than performance.

i have a set of genuine rstt wheels if ur interested

swwweeeet thanks ppl good to know!! and yeah man throw me some pics and a price via pm!!