MMI (No Playable Tracks)...please help!!!!!!!

Crossmax

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Could someone please shed some light on a problem I am having playing mp3 files from 2 x 32Gb SD card. The last couple of time I have added new files to the cards I get the "No Playable Tracks" error. I have rip all CD's at 224kbps at 44.1 sampling rate, I have used different types of ripping software, ripped from CD and Flac files, changed the SD cards, reformatted them...ripped the CD's to WMA and I am still having the issue. Some mornings ceratin albums will play, the next day they wont. When I rip the files to a CD and use the CD changer to listen to them they play without issue...this is doing my noggin in...please help!!!

Peter

I own a SQ5 which I think has the same MMI as your car. I copied all my cd's to my itunes folder then copied the whole lot to an SD card. I do the same when I add new files and so far I've not had any probs. As the other post has suggested the MMI might just need a reboot.

Depends on the age of your SQ5, as you may have MMI 3G+, the facelift C6 had MMI 3G.

Could be the firmware bug on the 3G system what version of firmware are you running?

Hello all.
I must be completely cack-handed as I cannot get the MMI to reboot, I have tried rebooting, been hitting <Set Up - Centre Dial - Soft touch top right> and nothing happens. Just goes into the set-up menu for the radio. What am I doing wrong, do you keep the buttons pressed for two second, should it reboot staright away? I am fully aware that this is not rocket science, have watched the videos on YouTube and looked up other Audi forums..just can't get it to reboot...aaarrrghhh so frustrating!!!!

Peter

If the car is left long enough then the MMI fully shuts down, so a reboot won't make a difference.

Hello B5NUT...I figured out what I was doing wrong...I was copying exactly what this chap was doing: . His car of course is left hand drive whereas mine is right hand...Setup is on the right of a right hand drive...anyhow got the MMI to reboot...some files will now play where as I am still getting the no playabel tracks error on others. WHen that happens I reboot again and it seems to work. has me totally confused still though.

Do you mean this B5NUT
System info Nav

That is very out of date (2009) and has known bugs.. The current version for your MMI is BNav_EU_K_0257 EU (2014)

Have a search on GPS underground for MMI updates. Also not sure if the map version will work on 0257 best start reading up. I know there are map activation's for the HDD version, but the DVD/SD version will be a dealer only activation from what I remember.

No you can do that yourself. have a read on GPS underground.

GPS Underground has disabled Registering so I cannot access the forum, anyone know of any other site where I can get info about updating my MMI??

Where abouts are you ??

I have the latest update discs (CD)
They're genuine.
I bought them to use on my car when I upgraded my nave to 2015 SD maps on my 3G system.
Interestingly they work allot better, slightly faster referencing over the DVD based version.
Obviously it takes up one of my SD card slots but that's not an issue.
The only down side is that they're still not full digit postcode. But at least they have the current roads and places.

I am in Ireland mate..at this stage I am not bothering my **** with it...Audi Ireland want huge money to upgrade!!