Mike Phillips "The art of detailing" book

JDM82

Reaction score
Just bought a copy of Mike Phillips "The art of detailing" book and I must say its excellent. Its full of tips and techniques and its well worth getting a copy. I thought I knew about detailing but this book has taught me loads.

I agree. All I was saying is, its nice to have a detailed step by step guide on how to do certain things and some helpful tips and hints.

It does look like quite an interesting read and I'd say even an experienced detailer is always learning so this it either helpful to refresh your mind on some areas or look at things in a different perspective. If your a newbie any information is great, but at the end of the day you can read and read and tbh nothing will really truely prepare you to take that first step and put the machine on a car.

probably a good read but for that money "hell no" lol

cant beat actually getting out there and doing it yourself and experimenting with different(preferred) technique and products, thats how i learnt what i know plus a little help from Tony Spears :) and i still have learning to do and will always learn as more products come out every year but really do the same thing, its been the same since 1950's, the technique is the same, just the products are getting better and better.

you can do only so much to paint either by hand or machine.