Microsoft Office

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a decent priced copy of Microsoft Office? I can't seem to get one anywhere.

Thanks

Open office is a good free alternative or as mentioned, if you have students in the house or the family they could purchase it and install it for you, it works out a lot lot cheaper.

Also worth checking where you work, if they have an agreement with MS, they have a thing called the HUP, the home user programme, where you get it at a massively discounted rate and you can either download it to your machine at home or ask for a copy of it on disc to get sent to you.

Reactions: jdp1962
Also worth checking where you work, if they have an agreement with MS, they have a thing called the HUP, the home user programme, where you get it at a massively discounted rate and you can either download it to your machine at home or ask for a copy of it on disc to get sent to you.

Great info, Nilz. Thanks to you, I've just managed to upgrade from Office XP to Office 2013 through the Home User Programme for £8.95.

No worries mate glad to be of assistance....not many people know this and companies dont really advertise it.

I only know as I was involved with it at my old company

Reactions: Brodster
Office365 is also worth considering, for approx £8 a month you get the ability to install Office 2013 on 5 PC's/laptops and get 27GB of Skydrive cloud storage. You will get updates to latest versions going forward at no extra cost too plus 60 minutes Skype calls free per month. I run a cloud consultancy firm for a living, if anyone wants any info PM me. (Shameless plug lol)

To note, getting a student license and using it yourself violates their license and is just as dodgy as torrenting a copy. And the home user programme is only licensed as long as you're eligible, so it's no walk in the park either. Open office is okay, but it's nowhere near as polished (I tried it on my Mac).

Reactions: NHN
Dan

I totally agree with what you say, i meant if you have a student in the house, ie your child, then they can install it on a family PC, if that is the only one available in the household.

HUP can be a pain too, especially support for it, however if you are a part of it and your company provides it then its a no brainer.