Low brake pad warning light

les hook

Reaction score
Is it possible to disable the low pad warning light on the dashboard, I've had new pads fitted front & rear also a new battery but the light still keeps coming on, my local garage said that both leads to the sensors were broken.

there is 2 wires in the leads to the brake pads, twist the 2 wires together so the metal is touching then wrap in insulating tape.

or get some strands of bare wire twist them slightly push them on the pins on the pad wiring plug then reconnect the plug together that way you aint cut any wires or neither looks bodged

...or get unbroken connectors from breakers and replace them. Just cut old connectors off, then solder the new ones on. Easy fix and makes your pad sensors work properly.

Turkster, if you read my original question it says I have had new pads fitted front & rear and a new battery also had the brake fluid level chaecked, my garage has joined the leads together, I wondered if there was a fuse which could be removed that would disable the indicator light...

Thanks for the other replies.