Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Bw

No update other than the same 'earliest will be BW 45' response.

Hi all,

Been in to see my dealer yesterday, they mentioned that the price promise is only for what the car is being sold at, not what the monthly payments would be. Does this sound about right? If so, we could be in a position where we finally get the car only for the monthly payments to have gone up. Worth mentioning I am on about PCP.

I’ve also been told that I can’t change the order at all, wanted to change between the two reds but I believe others have said that they have been able to make changes.

For reference I order a s-line 218ps A4 avant in matador red on the 11th of march and the online tracker is still saying welcome to blah blah blah...dealer said last he heard from Audi uk was build week 50 and then he expects 12 weeks. So could be an entire year between ordering and delivery. Madness.

Looking at your order details looks like you ordered the 3.0TDi 2.18PS? I believe Audi have discontinued this as when i placed my order this was not reconasied as a valid selection and had to go for the higher output version.
Good news mate . Same engine and transmission as mine but I am the week after .
I was also messing about on the Audi configurator and with the 40 diesel engine model on the A6 it has 204ps , not sure if it may be the same on the A4 ?? Doubt it though .

I think the new numbering scheme from Audi just represents the power range of the engine https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/audi-introduces-new-model-naming-system

Thought would update in here (although was an A5 that was ordered). Ordered A5 Sportback through company lease scheme and was due in September.....

After lots of chasing via our fleet team we have been advised order cannot be fulfilled (was an Ultra variant) and am back to starting point. If were to order again 24 week plus lead time!

Audi have now lost an order and a Volvo V60 R-Design Pro is now on order.....

Reactions: tickedon
Great news Nick_B! Was this confirmation from the dealership or the online Audi tracker?

I called the dealer - cannot use the tracker (company car and discrepancy between my details and the company raising the order). Annoying!

Good news mate . Same engine and transmission as mine but I am the week after .
I was also messing about on the Audi configurator and with the 40 diesel engine model on the A6 it has 204ps , not sure if it may be the same on the A4 ?? Doubt it though .

Interesting - the '40' variant in the A6 appears to use what Audi refer to as 'mild hybrid' technology. I do not know if we will get this engine.....

Reactions: Hambee1234
Interesting - the '40' variant in the A6 appears to use what Audi refer to as 'mild hybrid' technology. I do not know if we will get this engine.....

Been wondering that myself! On another post on this forum their was document shared showing changes between the my2018 and my2019 on the A4 and A5, no mention of mild hybrid.

I placed my Personal Lease order on 6th March for an Avant 1.4 tfsi sline tronic, with an initial delivery date of start of June. I have had to extend my current lease by 6 months so far and my dealer still can’t tell me anything.

My dashboard just shows “the order has reached the factory” and has been like that for weeks.

@Simonwhite2000 is that screen something we can all see your do you have a different access?

Wondering whether to cut my losses and try something else now. Really don’t want to though.

I placed my Personal Lease order on 6th March for an Avant 1.4 tfsi sline tronic, with an initial delivery date of start of June. I have had to extend my current lease by 6 months so far and my dealer still can’t tell me anything.

My dashboard just shows “the order has reached the factory” and has been like that for weeks.

@Simonwhite2000 is that screen something we can all see your do you have a different access?

Wondering whether to cut my losses and try something else now. Really don’t want to though.
No mate I have the same stage on the tracker. This is a screenshot the dealer sent me. They email audi UK and forward on the responses.

Looking at your order details looks like you ordered the 3.0TDi 2.18PS? I believe Audi have discontinued this as when i placed my order this was not reconasied as a valid selection and had to go for the higher output version.

I think the new numbering scheme from Audi just represents the power range of the engine https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/audi-introduces-new-model-naming-system

Hey, yeah. Mentioned this previously but Audi UK are picking up the cost of upgrading to the larger engine. Or at least that is what they apparently said to my dealer. Think I’m going to call Audi UK directly tomorrow.

No mate I have the same stage on the tracker. This is a screenshot the dealer sent me. They email audi UK and forward on the responses.

2C6C7713 C874 4828 BA7D C13FE497E09D

**Not sure if any of you have seen this pic yet, but evidence that there are 2019 A4s knocking about now. In the new Turbo blue colour too. Thoughts?

Reactions: JonaP, DaveW and tickedon
No update from my dealer, but after four months I finally have an order number and a confirmation that the terms of my agreement will be honoured.

Reactions: Hambee1234
No update from my dealer, but after four months I finally have an order number and a confirmation that the terms of my agreement will be honoured.
As in the total sum or your monthly payments? I’ve been told my monthly payments could change and it has me a little
worried that we could be waiting all this time just to find out the prices make it totally
not worth it.

Thought would update in here (although was an A5 that was ordered). Ordered A5 Sportback through company lease scheme and was due in September.....

After lots of chasing via our fleet team we have been advised order cannot be fulfilled (was an Ultra variant) and am back to starting point. If were to order again 24 week plus lead time!

Audi have now lost an order and a Volvo V60 R-Design Pro is now on order.....
Nice, I’ve got a momentum pro coming next month.
I honestly thought people would be getting firm BWs by now.

View attachment 167366

**Not sure if any of you have seen this pic yet, but evidence that there are 2019 A4s knocking about now. In the new Turbo blue colour too. Thoughts?
Pity you can’t really see the wheels on this as the new cars from Sline spec onwards will come with 19s as standard I believe . I’ve selected the 5 spoke V alloys on my BE but still curious all the same ?

Reactions: cuke2u
Interested to see an actual photograph of a MY19 A4 - however if my understanding is correct, none of these models can actually be registered until they are homologated under WLTP.

Looking at WLTP tested models - https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/wltp/wltp-tested-models.html - only the A6 and A7 variants are tested. Goes a long way to explain the 56% sales drop in September...!!!!

By creating a new audi account and adding my order again it comes up with 'A4 Sedan 2.0 R4110 M6'.

I ordered the 1.4.

I still can't believe I've not been officially informed about any of the changes... whether it be the engine, re-styling or added extras (like folding mirrors).

Someone I know who has also ordered the A4 1.4 BE manual has just rang up Audi Customer care and been advised that the SOP for this model is week 7 (11th Feb)! That's SOP... not even a build week! Surely this isn't right.... it's an absolute shambles if it is.

Someone I know who has also ordered the A4 1.4 BE manual has just rang up Audi Customer care and been advised that the SOP for this model is week 7 (11th Feb)! That's SOP... not even a build week! Surely this isn't right.... it's an absolute shambles if it is.
It was supposed to be week 45, let's hope it's not 7.
I tweeted Audi Customer Care yesterday and their advice was to speak to the dealer. Most helpful. .

Reactions: AntNut
As in the total sum or your monthly payments? I’ve been told my monthly payments could change and it has me a little
worried that we could be waiting all this time just to find out the prices make it totally
not worth it.

My concern too. He said that Audi have confirmed they’ll keep the prices, but that they can’t cover possible road fund increases.

Anyone getting an Audi PCP should ask for the latest offer and not the one at the time of order.
I got the Q1 offer of 3.2% APR and £1500 centre contribution, this has varied slightly during the year. The latest offer is 2.9% with a £2000 centre contribution. Worth pushing for.
Dave

By creating a new audi account and adding my order again it comes up with 'A4 Sedan 2.0 R4110 M6'.

I ordered the 1.4.

I still can't believe I've not been officially informed about any of the changes... whether it be the engine, re-styling or added extras (like folding mirrors).

You’re not alone. I’ve not had one single word from the dealer since the order was created 5 months ago. As far as they are concerned I’m a very patient customer awaiting a 1.4 engine and a pre facelift car. If it wasn’t for this forum, then I would be.

Reactions: DaveW and AntNut
Anyone getting an Audi PCP should ask for the latest offer and not the one at the time of order.
I got the Q1 offer of 3.2% APR and £1500 centre contribution, this has varied slightly during the year. The latest offer is 2.9% with a £2000 centre contribution. Worth pushing for.
Dave
@DaveW how did you go about getting this sorted? I’d presumed those kinda of discussions are off the table until we get build weeks/confirmation etc

Last edited:
@DaveW how did you go about getting this sorted? I’d presumed those kinda of discussions are off the table until we get build weeks/confirmation etc
Hi Tim, nothing sorted as the guy I ordered from is on his hols. When I ordered early April, the pre April offer was better than the April one, so he said he could let me have the better one. He said that if the offer available when I get my build week is better than the original one, then I can take it.
I've not paid any deposit so if I don't get the deal I want I will just walk away.

Hi Tim, nothing sorted as the guy I ordered from is on his hols. When I ordered early April, the pre April offer was better than the April one, so he said he could let me have the better one. He said that if the offer available when I get my build week is better than the original one, then I can take it.
I've not paid any deposit so if I don't get the deal I want I will just walk away.
Ah ok, fair enough. I guess I technically got the better deal you describe as I ordered in March. Can’t remeber what it was and it doesn’t seem to be on any paper work I have, in fact I have nothing PCP related so I guess that is all up for grabs once we get a build week/delivery.

Ah ok, fair enough. I guess I technically got the better deal you describe as I ordered in March. Can’t remeber what it was and it doesn’t seem to be on any paper work I have, in fact I have nothing PCP related so I guess that is all up for grabs once we get a build week/delivery.
Get whatever you can from them, ask for a discount/free bodycare/servicing/accessories etc.
After the way we've been treated, we should bleed them dry.

Get whatever you can from them, ask for a discount/free bodycare/servicing/accessories etc.
After the way we've been treated, we should bleed them dry.
Yeah, 100%. I went in on Saturday to look at some pre regs they had. All of those had two years servicing so I was going to push for that when the time comes.

Pretty sure Audi UK have said no to compensation but I’m sure that again, when the time comes we will all be giving them hell.

Reactions: DaveW