Light CARBON TRIM in an Audi

TimG

Reaction score
Did I imagine seeing some new Audi's (RS maybe) with a light silver or white carbon interior trim installed. Im sure Ive seen pics somewhere but cannot find anything anywhere!?

Any offers of a pic or link from anyone or did I imagine it?

i thought carbon was black only because of the material its made of , could look nice tho , you sure it wasnt custom made stuff

Not sure I even saw it
laugh.gif

Although I just found this and have found some in an R8 too. Just considering what colour I want my trim so browsing for ideas.

Check out this silver "carbon fiber" set of trim we made for a C5 RS6......

Dunno if it's any help but theres some trims for sale in the classifield in a carbon wrapped silver

Thanks Danny. That's what has inspired me to think about it and look around!

I was thinking about the silver carbon myself, would really brighten up the interior and clean
It up, focusin on a double din conversion for an RNS-e at the minute though

Im looking at doing the same on my BE. I hate the black inlays with a passion (My dealer wouldn't let me change them). They show all the smallest marks and fingerprints!! Gonna get on the hunt for some grey wrap so I can get something Im happy with :)

The Aluminium race thread was mine. Still got it on the car, still liking it and still looks perfect. I was inspired after seeing it in an RS3 and just being a bit sick of brushed aluminium after having it in my last 3 cars. I seen some of the trims for sale on ebay for about £200 when I was thinking about doing it but the materials for wrapping only cost me about £10 and 2 hours of my time. It's also very easy to reverse if you get bored of it. Great cheap mod IMO.

This is the stuff I got
3D SILVER CARBON FIBRE VINYL WRAP CAR 1250mm x 600mm | eBay

Please get some more daylight pics up of it in your car!

I have just bought some from the seller below (Looks the same but sold as 'bubble free' too, so hopefully make it easier!) so I'll see how I go with it. Will be my little Xmas holiday project.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Already looking around for other interesting things to practice on ... Mouse, Xbox controller, Phone
laugh.gif

the silver race carbon looks good! i would probably do it but i already have the dark carbon on my car and as there isnt loads of silver on it i dont think i will do it. i had the piano black trims on my car which were pretty scratched and messed up and after getting tired of it i decided to wrap it myself.

1inchpunch, can you get some more pics of your trim up? would like to see it in different lights... i have a few people asking me to wrap their car parts after they see mine but giving them the silver option too would be good!

here are some other stuff i found on the web...

oCarbon – blog » red

Carbon fiber overlay technology – TID Styling | Audi Tuning Mag

for anyone that missed/hasn't seen mine here is it (i know its not the light silver stuff)
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/120263-carbon-fever.html

I'll do my best to get some better pics. Got to remember that it's the winter and up here in Scotland we only get about 20 minutes of daylight most days :)

Some more pics of mine. Quickly snapped with my phone which although blurry is probably the best thing for avoiding glare and auto white balancing since that's what my point and shoot camera does.

IMG041.jpg

IMG042.jpg

Yeah, I was looking at vents the other day but they all seemed damn expensive for what they are! I think I found one for like £25 or something and I'm not paying £100 for 4 vents!

I am in the process of sourcing a nice shiny & weighted gear knob though. Let my Auto Aesthetics one go that I had in my TT and miss it now :(