Leaky roof

jonhun73

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help! I've got a4 cabriolet which has sprung a bit of a leak from where the roof meets the top of the A post! It seams to come in through the rubber seal! Drivers seat getting very wet! Any answers gladly received!

Check the drain holes on the top of the windscreen frame, you have to open the roof and they right on the extreme corners in the rubbers. I use plastic strimmer line to clean mine.

It will also be beneficial to use some silicone grease to lubricate the rubber seal all the way round, every 6 month's or so. It will help preserve the rubber and help the hood seat properly.

Brand New A5 Cab SELine (March 2014) ROOF LEAKS. Garage took it back in still frickin leaks. Totally unimpressed could have gotten this from a £200 old knackered convertible tbh. Anyone any ideas? Just so you all are aware I hand wash car (takes 2 hours) and never once touched the roof or used a power wash on it :( very very disappointed.

Last edited:
Can you tell where its leaking from ? Nearside, offside, header rail ? Any damage to rubber seals ? Or areas you can see where seals aren't flat. Try putting silicone grease around seals with hood open and then close hood. Then open hood and see if any areas where the grease hasn't squashed on the other surface.
Has anyone heard about leaks through the actual fabric ? I think this is very unlikely though.....
Best of luck and let us know how it gets resolved.
DWH