Is this mirror broken? Can it be fixed easily?

John1881

Reaction score
I tested a 2013 A3 s line on Saturday, but I noticed that the driver side mirror didn't adjust out as far as I expected. I could see 30-50% car, and I normally have this at 10-15% to see more of the blind spot. I tried this in a very similar A3 at the same place and I could adjust it fine. Am I just crazy/picky?

163191-fc35deb63130499a5e5f39871df4ec76.jpg
163193-9d34ee521a9d7921a940ef7cf228fc8f.jpg

[grey A3 - m ax the mirror moves has the panel flat with the housing]
[white A3 - good visibility, the mirror is deeper on the right side]

I went to pick it up today after its service but they haven't adjusted it as promised. I took the dealer to another A3 on the lot and it moves fine. I can adjust way more than I need to. You can see that the glass just goes much farther inside the case. Can this be adjusted easily? They are adamant it is completely normal but I am not comfortable about it.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 91
That isn’t right!! Something isn’t right there, accident maybe??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn’t right!! Something isn’t right there, accident maybe??

Yeah, I am in an Audi dealership now and they’re not impressed by these guys. The seller tells me they will replace the motor, but we’ll see. Probably going to pull the plug on this one

Reactions: Abi
Yeah, I am in an Audi dealership now and they’re not impressed by these guys. The seller tells me they will replace the motor, but we’ll see. Probably going to pull the plug on this one

That mirror glass is way off normal!!!