Is my car a thickie?

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
My car has been complaining that it is 300 miles away from a service. Fine I thought, ive covered 12k so far so i guess this is just a quick check to make sure the engine is still there.

However, below that it says 200 odd days. As I do about 1000 miles a month, its not going to take me that long to cover 300 miles.

Why is my car being stupid, or is it me?

I think it's whichever comes first. The car needs a service in either another 300 miles OR 200 days.
Same as the car requiring it's first service in either 10K or 1 year....Whichever comes first.

yeah, it will be a first service - probably 12.5k or 1 year, whichever comes first.

think they just do a quick scan, change the filters and stuff and send you on your way after liberating a hefty wad of cash from you.

On the subject of cash.... Shop around mate. I got quoted £195 incl. VAT and also £320 + VAT!!....So make sure you get a few quotes.

Cheers gents, makes sense now.

Luckily I have my maintenance all inclusive, so I dont mind how much it costs :icon_thumright:

hehe, I did think it might be the case Dave.

I would have expected the software to be intelligent enough to work out which one was arriving the soonest, and tell you roughly how many days left you had. In fact, why does it not ring my local dealer for me and book itself in!!! :blackrs4:

hehe, I did think it might be the case Dave.

I would have expected the software to be intelligent enough to work out which one was arriving the soonest, and tell you roughly how many days left you had. In fact, why does it not ring my local dealer for me and book itself in!!! :blackrs4:

You need a new BMW for it to do that mate! :whistle2:

Had the first service for the A4 today, £306 (ouch!). Luckily I will be paying for the 3 years service plan for £250 when I pick up my new shiny A3 tomorrow :D