Is it a wheel spacer?

dhiren

Reaction score
Hi all, is this a wheel spacer or is it part of the brake disc?!
Looks like a spacer, but there are no part numbers or etchings on it, its got a retaining screw (which in my experience isn't normal for spacers) and it feels like its fused and become one with the brake disc!

Anyone know whats what?
20211107 124357

Cheers
D

Sure looks like a spacer. On a very rusty rotor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah looks like a spacer, best way to tell is get a magnet and try it on the face of it, spacers are generally made from aluminium. Judging by the rustiness of the disc and the colour of the face it leads me to think spacer, that said you can see threads right behind it which would suggest the disc has threads in it, which they don’t. The threads are on the hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defo say multi spacer as u can see only some off the holes line up for 5x112 pcd so i would think the holes that dont line up are for a 5x100 hub

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dhiren
What's a little questionable is that it looks like a spacer, however, it has the tapered hole for a disc holding screw where a 5x100 hole maybe, also the bolt threads start directly after the socalled spacer ends, but the depth on the visible thread does look a little deeper than the others, so its maybe an illusion as threads are (as mentioned already) not on discs, but the hubs, so for me & above, just whack it to see if it moves, as the seperating line appears to denote spacer, weirdly the spacer seems to sit where the disc would, you'd think a spacer would sit more of the bearing.

100% not spacer, saying as an experienced VAG mechanic :)

What's a little questionable is that it looks like a spacer, however, it has the tapered hole for a disc holding screw where a 5x100 hole maybe, also the bolt threads start directly after the socalled spacer ends, but the depth on the visible thread does look a little deeper than the others, so its maybe an illusion as threads are (as mentioned already) not on discs, but the hubs, so for me & above, just whack it to see if it moves, as the seperating line appears to denote spacer, weirdly the spacer seems to sit where the disc would, you'd think a spacer would sit more of the bearing.

This is exactly why I thought it may be part of the disc, never known a spacer to have a retaining screw.

Thanks everyone for your replies, its defo a spacer. I couldn't find my rubber mallet last weekend to give it a proper hidin', tried with regular hammer but it didn't budge (didn't try to hard as I can tell it was a soft metal on the first hit). Will be coming off by force this weekend ;)

Cheers all

Soooo, it's not a spacer!

Went at it today with the rubber mallet, no movement, tried levering in the bolt hole gaps, tried sharp chisel along the edge where it looks like it meets the disc.. nothing! Undid the retaining screw and the disc started wobbling, did it back up and the disc was stiff. It must just be how the brake disc is :shrug:

@Keram think you're right mate