IPod, USB connection.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
My D3 has a connection for iPod, USB, composite (white and red RCA plugs) in the glove box next to the changer.

On the MMI it gives me a lift of iPod, USB, Aux and some others.

What can I play via the USB?

What is AUX? It seems to be counting but nothing is plugged in.

I'm at the in-laws at the moment, I'm going to borrow their iPod and see what happens.

Uploadfromtaptalk1394907323308

Anyone if this is standard?

I would also download the latest firmware for the unit, as I bet its way out of date. It's not a bad unit, but in the early days it did have a fair few firmware faults. What version is you MMI currently at 5570?

Yer you are at 2120, so buy the upgrade CD's from Audi which will take you to 5570 (final version), cost of the disks are around £5, but you will either need full version of VCDS or have the MMI hiden menu available, as you will lose some of the menus.

Part number of the 5570 CD Set is 4L0 998 961

Reactions: a6_chris
Popped in to Audi and he seemed to think that I had to upgrade all electrical bits but then after some more chat he wanted over £200 for the disc but even then not sure and I'd have to have it booked in for them to check the version number.

I don't get this branch.
I'm off to Exeter next I think. lol

I have in the past and they rubbish as well.
They refuse to sell me anything unless I can prove I work for a garage that has an account with them.

I tried ejecting the DVD last night to see what was in it and nothing came out.
I assume I have nothing in it.
So does all the maps copy to a harddrive?

It could be the drive is locked and still has the original disk from 2006, try unlocking it with VCDS. The 2G MMI system does not have a hard disk, that came later in the 3G MMI systems.

I bought my disc off ebay from a seller who sells all of the Audi Maps discs and up dates about a year ago. No problems yet.
That does look like the dension gateway 500 and in my opinion it is better than the the AMI audi because of the options of navigation and how you can see your music files. The USB you can store your music on a stick in folders and view them as such and search them via folder/artist/alphabeticalorder etc. I have mine conected to a mini hard drive. I also have ipod plgguedin. You can use the AUX for any other connection like an mp3 player or external DVD audio etc

2014 map disc turned up today and worked a treat.

I was able to eject the old disc with no issues. No idea why it never came out the last time I tried it.
The old disc was a gen 2011.
I'll put that away somewhere and forget about it I bet.

I got a 32gb drive plugged in to the car at the moment, it works ok but I keep getting lost in the menus, so I just let it go play the albums in order. lol

I know it can be a little confusing at first but you'll get it.
There is a little tutorial on youtube somewhere that I've seen that explains it quite well. if you search dension gateway audi

Reactions: ScottD3