iPod connector, any useful for bluetooth?

berisen

Reaction score
So i've got this iPod connector (i think it is at least?) in my glove box. I guess it was made for some early iPod version since the car is MY08 S3 and the iPhone was almost none existent back then. Can it be used for something good these days? :)

I'm looking to install bluetooth, can this be done with this connector some how or what are my options? Do i need to have the MMI 2G connector to be able to connect something like Tune2Air?

(I have the "Audi Concert" head unit by the way with Bose sound system. )

Have have you guys solved your bluetooth connections on similar setups? :)

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 114
So i've got this iPod connector (i think it is at least?) in my glove box. I guess it was made for some early iPod version since the car is MY08 S3 and the iPhone was almost none existent back then. Can it be used for something good these days? :)

I'm looking to install bluetooth, can this be done with this connector some how or what are my options? Do i need to have the MMI 2G connector to be able to connect something like Tune2Air?

(I have the "Audi Concert" head unit by the way with Bose sound system. )

Have have you guys solved your bluetooth connections on similar setups? :)

I'm also wondering this... i will do some research this afternoon and update this if i find anything of use :)

I was going to buy an Older iPod today off eBay, but will hold off and see how this develops, Bluetooth would be easier, as long is it wouldn't interfere with the Audi OEM bluetooth connected to the car for calls?

I helped fit this kit to a mates car the other day:
https://www.eftermontering.se/musik-interface/20-dmc-vag.html

(Swedish site but you can see the image anyway :D)

That thing goes in to the CDC socket on the back of the head unit and it works perfectly for streaming music. I just hoped that something similar would be there for the iPod connector but maybe there isn't.

you could always upgrade your headunit to the Rns-e mk2 32gb sd cards 2 off plus satnav .

I have the Audi Music Interface (AMI) in my S3, I use the Viseeo WMA3000 'tune2air' for my Bluetooth. It works well for me.

For yours, you could look at the Viseeo WMA1000, which connects directly to the iPod 30 pin plug.

They are quite pricey (cheaper than an RNSE upgrade!) but keep an eye out and you may pick up cheaper on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172786069881

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-Pin-Bl...282513&hash=item1a15f3f2d4:g:rUcAAOSwA3dYWNKt

This looks interesting... Probably rubbish since its 4£ but maybe worth a go. I guess it would make any OEM Bluetooth redundant since the phone can only connect to one at a time.

Maybe a better area for research is how to make the OEM Bluetooth ( if fitted) play music, this would be the ideal solution in my case ...

I suspect his would work fine - worth a try for £4.

I bought and tried the item linked from eBay. Can't get it to work. Any suggestions?