iPhone via lightning cable to MMI Same damn song every time.

rich dj

2015 A4 Avant 2.0TDI SE Quattro 190 Technik
Reaction score
Every journey I plug in my phone and use the full iTunes library I have on my phone it plays the first song in the first playlist beginning with A.
Apparently a guy has realised a song on iTunes of just silence to get over this! And people are paying a pound for it?
82df23b4a85749fecc1fe631bdedcd2e.jpg

Has anyone found a workaround or does the latest firmware fix it?
I also use it for podcasts and radio Apps as the Dab signal in my area isn’t the best, if using Bluetooth all is good, but I wanted better quality sound so I use a lead and also live traffic via Tom Tom app and to charge it. It always forced iTunes playback unlike Bluetooth.
And don’t use an iPhone isn’t the answer I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have this issue with my A3, doesn’t happen with my S3, so I guess car play is a bit better for it. I used to start deleting tracks when I was bored of listening to them

Would be easy enough to create a 2 second track of silence without having to pay tho? Then I guess the shuffle would take over?

So yours is the newer version with car play, that’s good to know.
I’m just wondering if anyone has the latest firmware on their MMI and it happens on that too.

I apologise, appreciate that wasn’t an overly helpful comment.

No worries all helpful to know.
I assume you can select tunes as you do on the phone from the car screen.

Yes that’s right.

On my old A3 I found if I left the music app open with tracks playing when I disconnected from the car it picked up where I left off. An it was only when I’d quit the music app by swiping it up on the phone that it would start from the first track in the library.

Ahh I might leave the iTunes app open on the phone to give it a try.
Also I have created my own silence and added it to iTunes and synced the phone but as it’s not in the first playlist labelled with A it doesn’t see it first so going to try and create another play list called a a a later and sync the phone and give it a go.
Thanks