If I buy these, will they fit my car

nothingness

Reaction score
Ie, will the work? What else do I need to do?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/03-08-AUD...del:A3&hash=item25c8d366cf:g:iIsAAOSwiDFYOBn0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/03-08-AUD...del:A3&hash=item25c8d3629e:g:UqkAAOSwB09YOBg2

Bit worrying that he says postage will only insure for £20 and if they arrive broken no recourse!!!!!

My car is a 57 2.0 tdi SE 3 door 8P2. I have light pack so it has auto light switch as well as coming home lights etc.

This seems the cheapest way to get projectors into my A3 no?

I do a lot of journeys at night and whilst mostly motorways, my lights are terrible!!!!

Thanks

They'll physically fit but as those headlights are the later bi-xenon units (ie xenon for both dipped and main beam) you will need a wiring loom adapter as it's not just plug and play.
Some people have had issues too with the adapter looms being incorrectly wired (Kufatec?).
There will also be issues with the headlight adjustment motors not working as they're totally different on halogen and xenon headlamps.
You might have loads of people also saying you can't fit xenon's without also retro-fitting the self-levelling system designed to prevent dazzling other road users.
I fitted single xenon's to my car (these were fitted circa 2003-2006) so only have xenon on dipped beam and still have halogen on main beam.
These are plug & play (no loom required) and only had the adjustment motors to sort out, these obviously don't have as much street-cred as bi-xenon but overall I'm very happy with mine.

Your std lights should be fine, spend the money on some decent bulbs and get them aligned properly

Your std lights should be fine, spend the money on some decent bulbs and get them aligned properly

When I first bought my A3 I fitted PIAA bulbs (which I swear by) to both main and dipped beam, the headlights were still terrible IMHO, and yes they were correctly aligned.
Had exactly the same issue years ago when I first bought my A4, Audi can't seem to 'do' decent headlights on their cars for some reason, at least on the older models?
Xenons on both sorted the problem.

You can convert the standard headlights to projectors and get a very good improvement. A lot cheper than buying second hand complete headlights. This is the post for my A4. I converted the wifes Yaris doing the same thing and this made a big difference to the headlights.
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

That would be ideal but seems fiddly. I don't want to spend over £300 this close to Christmas...but my headlights are terrible. They are aligned correctly, I asked Audi to do it when it was serviced and MOT'd at Audi Cheshire Oaks last month.

I read someone managed to do the above for £25 per light and an HID kit which would be great but no guide...

Do you know the part numbers for the single xenons Nessy? And what bulb do they use, D3S?