Identity Theft

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have been a victim! some unscrupulous asswipe has cleaned out my current account!

What a hassle getting back my money, reported it on the 22nd, still no money as yet.

Which bank you with? Any idea how they got your details? Had the same thing happen to me.... twice :mad:

Nightmare fella, someone done over my paypal account not quite the sam consequencies but worrying none the less

it is Lottie my GF went mental changed every password for every site we go on, i cant get on half of them now!!!

I'd blame Ess three, he takes the flack for everything else.

they took 890 quid but tried another 6 times to take a total of 3590 but i'd already cancelled the card. I'm shithot on my banking so I caught it straightaway.

I had this done a few months ago and the bank told me that they couldn't tell me who had taken the money as they were under police investigation. The only thing it could have been was a mobile chip and pin machine. I asked to pay by card for the meal we'd had and they brought over this mobile device. As I'd had a few bottles of wine it didn't register something strange might be happening as they popped my card in the machine and walked off with it...hindsight hey.

I've not used a mobile machine since and don't advise it.

Sorry to here that Chris so do you think someone has scanned your card?.cashpoint or restaurant.....check the first date it happened and look up on your reciepts and see if you can remember any thing out of the ordinary

Dirty barstewards.

Hope the bank get it sorted out ASAP. Whats their take on things exactly? Do they have to 'investigate' before they'll think about giving you the money back?

I don't know how they got my details but they have my address as well, because they ordered something online from Comet and knew my billing address.

possibly, I turned off my firewall some time ago to diagnose a problem and didn't turn it back on. Its on now though.
Tighter than a drum too.

I've nearly been caught at a cash point! Went to put my card in, and saw something that didn't look right, turns out it was a fake front, when part of it came off in my hands, with a camera, phoned the police straight away.
Really common now, these things. Front scans your card details, while the camera captures your pin!!

card fraud is so common now- see it everyday working in the bank. but you cannot prevent it unless you use the bank to withdraw cash and only use cash.

when you're paying for stuff in tescos how do you know there isnt someone keeping an eye out for your pin?

dont stress about- main thing is you caught it and another reason why internet banking is good.

didnt abbey ring you to ask you about so many transactions for large amounts going through?

I've had my card frozen by Abbey in the past because I started spending to much money. It was a painin the **** though as I'd tried to pay for something and had the card refused. Turns out they had tried calling but I wasn't in.

Once I'd got over being ****** off and getting my card unfrozen it was reassuring I guess.

Sorry to hear your news, I always cover up the numbers when im entering my pin So far touch wood i have been ok, only ever had £20 taken out of a account so now i dont let my card out of my site