I found an extra Strut Tower Plug and some oil

reator22

Reaction score
Well, today I was checking my engine again as I had to remove one headlight to be fixed and took the opportunity having a good look. Also removed the engine cover.

1. I found what it's called a strut tower plug/cover down the bottom stuck very close to the engine body. At the beginning I thought it was unplugged from somewhere and then found to be the strut tower plug.

1. I have both sides strut towers plugs in place, so, this one is the third one. Is there any third one or it was lost and then replaced with a new one?

2. A close look at the engine I found it a bit dirty with what seems to be oil. It does look something building with the time, does not look active leaking and also nothing is leaking on the floor on even on the plastic protection at the bottom. Is it normal for a 7years engine or should I be concerned?
9f39bfd1062823c62f3f873aa36078eb.jpg
004d551162fde8410b12e9fefba5b8b7.jpg
58a995fce127e7b479c814b85f2a44c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are only 2 of those covers on the car, looks like you have a spare.I would check that jubilee clip is tight on that boost hose. You sometimes get wet oily patches like that on an engine when there is a boost leak. It doesn't look too bad too me though.

Spare one. Probably dropped during production and operator just put a new/second one on.