hpi checks

goon

Reaction score
thinking of buying a new car and want to find out if its been in an accident or had any insurance work done on it,had a look at hpi check,car check,car data check etc but all I can see is that they will tell you if its been written off and this is not what I was looking for anyone out there know differently?

any hpi company can only tell you what they know . so any amount of damage can happen to a car but if it is not subject to an insurace claim ie repaired privately then the hpi company will have no records of this and therefore will not be able to tell you about it in the report you receive . my nephew used to buy cat d damaged cars repair them to a high standard and sell them on . some were listed and some was not even though he bought them as official cat d write offs from insurance companies ? its a minefeild and the only way to cut the odds in your favour is either buy brand new from a main dealer or pay for an expert to check the vehicle over other than that i would not know how you can gaurantee that you are buying an undamaged car

what I wanted to know was if I could access information from insurance companies about claims/accidents etc

you may be able to get information from insurance companies but as said in my previous post only if a claim as been made otherwise how do you expect them to know

the checks will tell you its its cat c d etc and and moneys oweing on it
colout change private plates etc