How much snow foam?

Raw40

Reaction score
Hi used snow foam for the first time yesterday, how much do you normally use to cover one car? mine used nearly a litre of fluid from the bottle, the lance I've bought has a control for the volume of foam being delivered but it wont shut the foam off completely is this the norm? It's going to be an expensive wash day with two cars to clean at £9 a litre if this is the case.

You should only need about an inch of snowfoam liquid in the bottom of the bottle. Then top up with Hot water and shake. This should cover two cars. What lance and snowfoam are you using?

You should only need about an inch of snowfoam liquid in the bottom of the bottle. Then top up with Hot water and shake. This should cover two cars. What lance and snowfoam are you using?
Hi,
its the 6081 NILFISK ALTO lance, looks very similar to all the others that are available, brass valve unit with flow control on top and fan control on the front and Ultimate snow foam.

You should only require the inch or so it the bottom of the bottle. Did you read the ratios on the bottle?

You should only require the inch or so it the bottom of the bottle. Did you read the ratios on the bottle?
The instructions on the bottle don't mention diluting to any ratio, mind you the foam was very thick. Will try diluting it as you have suggested and see what the results are like thanks for the advice.

Damn that must have been some thick foam. I used valet pro ph natural snow foam with my ap lance.
But as stated above, about an inch or so in a one litre bottle, then top up with water (I use warm).
Turn the setting on the lance down to minimum then adjust untill the foam seems right and will cling to the car.
to be honest, I found it very much trial and error to get the right foam consistency. I've given up now and switched to pre-wash with a pump sprayer. Same results but much easier imo.

Damn that must have been some thick foam. I used valet pro ph natural snow foam with my ap lance.
But as stated above, about an inch or so in a one litre bottle, then top up with water (I use warm).
Turn the setting on the lance down to minimum then adjust untill the foam seems right and will cling to the car.
to be honest, I found it very much trial and error to get the right foam consistency. I've given up now and switched to pre-wash with a pump sprayer. Same results but much easier imo.

:smiley: yes it was like thick shaving foam, did a great job of washing the drive as well. Will be trying it watered down next time.

Reactions: Keef and Sandra
Its usual to dilute the snow foam liquid 300cc and 700cc of water.

One point to look for is that on many snow foam attachments the tap works backwards. So the + means more water the - means more concentrate. So just try turning the control towards the plus.

I had exactly the same problem with mine. You should be able to do your car at least three or more likely four times on one litre bottle.

Just a tip snow foam on a dry car then the foam stays on the vehicle without quickly sliding to the floor.

Hope this sorts it out for you.

Thanks for the advice Steeve you where spot on with the amount to dilute and the tap working backwards the + direction uses less concentrate,
did both cars on the weekend only used 500ml of diluted concentrate on a dry car as you suggested it worked well.

From past experience I find citrus degreaser better than any snow foam and I know plenty of pro retailers agree. Snow foam looks good but isn't the best thing out there