How do I access the bottom boost sensor?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
So I was able to connect the harnesses of the first boost sensor and the camshaft sensor for my DTUK tuning box but Can't find a way to access the second boost sensor (purple) located at the bottom left of the engine compartment.

There's no way I can find my hand down there so I tried to work from down up but it is closed by a black plastic cover. Anyone know how to remove it so that I can make the final attachment?

Think some have got to this from beneath with the front end up on ramps. Try searching for dtuk installation or dtuk help.

Think some have got to this from beneath with the front end up on ramps. Try searching for dtuk installation or dtuk help.

I did but no one mentioned how they gained access from the bottom. It's all closed up!

I remember reading about it being difficult don't have one fitted myself but from what I read getting access from underneath maybe with partial removal of wheel arch liner or undertray fixings so it flexes seemed the best way.

Hopefully someone who's done it will be on to help.

I don't have it fitted on my car, but have helped a friend fit it to his S3. Get the front end up on axle stands and take the under tray off that is covering the bottom of the engine. There are 6 clips/screws if I remember correctly and a few clips that hold it on. With this off, the sensor is pretty easy to see and get to, will not take long once its off!