HIDS Fitted - Headlights now Steaming up

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anybody else had this happen and how do you get round it ?

I have the 50w Superbrights from HIDS-Direct
http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-co...-kits/audi-50w-hid-conversion-kits-p-277.html

Basically, fitting instructions said that I had to drill a hole in the rear light cover and the wires go through with a kind of rubber bung that fills that hole.

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/images/50w kit.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

Scott, i would be very interested to see how yours look compared to my 35W ones from the same company... Where did you fit all the parts too?

I have read this happening before and this could be because you have mounted them to near to the crash sensors!

yeah, move the ballasts back from the lights as far as you can.. where did you all drill your holes to push the wires through?

I have mounted mine out of the way under the light... in the little section that looks like its almost made for a HID install!

I got this Prob when I joey Modded my headlamps. I removed them and gave them both a Blow over with my Heat gun, just to get rid of any condensation.Left them overnight in my kitchen and Jobs a good-un.Dont know why they steamed up though. Im guessing condensation built up whilst they were apart.

For all you guys who have this Issue with the HIDS (& steaming up) Have you got small ballasts that you have modded your headlamps to fit???
Mine steamed up few weeks ago at the start of the Bad wet windy weather but come morning they were clear ...

cheers!

Be warned, 4 days in and mine has started throwing up ABS warnings :(

how come I've got same kit as you and mounted same place as you two weeks in everything is fine :shrug:

how come I've got same kit as you and mounted same place as you two weeks in everything is fine :shrug:

and my install looks identical to yours in the photos too!!

Question though... the black wire hanging out... what did you do with it?

Sorry, not had chance to take any pics yet.......... newborn thats 3 weeks old is taking up most of my time at the mo :(

Make sure the rubber seal is nice and tight, possibly a bead of silicone around it. Then leave off one of the back caps for a week or so to let it dry out, esp if you use your car with ligths on alot. ONce its had a chance to dry out. Put the caps back on.

I had to do this on my old vectra.

I had this fault remove lights let them dry out the hole you have cut for the HID. bead of clear silicone let dry out fix light back jobs an good one :happy:

this worked for me