hid Conversion???

I15GOD

Reaction score
Hi

I was told that fitting hid's to my A3 would cause the rear wiper motor to blow. Is this correct? if so is there anything to stop this from happening?

Cheers

That's correct.

Need to fit oem xenons.

As said above^^

I was told by a local tuning garage that they had a way of doing it but i didnt want to risk it so i went OEM :)

as far as i know its not the rear wiper you need to worry about, its the front wiper motor!
you would need the xenon housings (standard/bi-xenon/adaptive bi-xenon) and then the adapters to wire them in.
also note that washers and self levellers would be needed to keep it legal.

as far as i know its not the rear wiper you need to worry about, its the front wiper motor!
you would need the xenon housings (standard/bi-xenon/adaptive bi-xenon) and then the adapters to wire them in.
also note that washers and self levellers would be needed to keep it legal.

That is all correct ! :icon_thumright:

Hi

I was told that fitting hid's to my A3 would cause the rear wiper motor to blow. Is this correct? if so is there anything to stop this from happening?

Cheers

I had HID's on mine there was no issue with any wipers or motors or error messages etc. They worked perfectly. Looked fantastic but one of the ceramics broke so It was a case of replacing the kit so I just took them off as I didnt have the spare cash. I miss them :-(

You can see them in my sig pic

Last edited: