Hi From Orkney

Nigel2227

Reaction score
Hi All

I just joined and living on a remote island the help forums are a life saver....

I'll be looking for help on installing a SPH-DA230DAB in an Audi A3 2009 (Can't get it to turn off when key out)

Regards

Nigel

Reactions: paddy and V6_Man
Hi Nigel welcome to audi-sport.net.

Reactions: paddy and Nigel2227
There is every chance it has a permment live feed , might be worth checking the diagram on the top off your old head unit and see what wire helped it turn off once key was removef

There is every chance it has a permment live feed , might be worth checking the diagram on the top off your old head unit and see what wire helped it turn off once key was removef
This was the diag on the old head. I checked all the pins on the quad bloc and all had 12v with key out. I thought that was strange.
20191120 131031

These were the only wires on the quad
20191120 112918
20191120 112846
20191120 112617

The harness has the red an orange left to be connected and I had the unit working but don't think I had them in the right slots... not sure what CAN-L and CAN-H stand for on the quad diag either

Red and orange are power supplies, one is permanent and the other is ignition on. Thought I answered this in your previous thread.
Can h & l are high and low canbus wires.

Got it sorted. I ran the Red to the fuse box and piggybacked the rear wiper fuse that was key switched. All good now.
Thanks.