Help with s3 Bose sub

jack.s

Reaction score
Hi can anybody help me? I have an s3 8l with Bose and one of the two drivers had started flapping on the sub box. So I bought a second hand Bose sub unit exactly the same of the bay, after installing this I tested it and found that I could see the twoo woofers moving but there is barely any bass at all in comparison to the previous unit even though they are exactly the same? So frustrating! Any ideas much appreciated.

Are you sure the replacement was a sub speaker and not a front door speaker. They look identical but the sub version is 1 ohm whereas the fronts are 1.5ohms which would make quite a difference

Are you sure the replacement was a sub speaker and not a front door speaker. They look identical but the sub version is 1 ohm whereas the fronts are 1.5ohms which would make quite a difference

I replaced the whole sub box, Definatly the same unit. My guess was that it may be something to do with the amp possibly? Am I correct in thinking the amp is inside the sub box?

Oh right, then just swap one of the new subs to the old box. The amp is inside the enclosure.

Oh right, then just swap one of the new subs to the old box. The amp is inside the enclosure.

cool thanks, will give this a go, just i wouldent have thought the woofers would be working at all if the amp was ********? :s