Bose SUB

doug mk2

Reaction score
my bose sub has blown. where can I get another one from?

Or alternatively, can I install the active (mac audio) sub from my old car, ie are all the connections the same etc?

Cheers

Doug

You need to speak to AndyMac mate. He seems to be the source of all audio related knowledge.

I think my sub has blown too. It distorts under heavy low frequency loads.
Shall be going down the AndyMac sub route. Car is at Backdraft at the mo for 2 weeks, so it'll be probs next month at the earliest I'll be able to install the stealth sub.

Let us know how you get on though mate.

have you tried ebay? There was one that went for £25 iirc, the other day.

abdus said:
have you tried ebay? There was one that went for £25 iirc, the other day.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a used one. They are probably on their way to the same problem.

Bose, however, do do a replacement for the drivers in the sub. Probably worth changing the drivers for new ones.

is it possible to open the sub and just change the speakers?

Bose subs are ***** anyway, just change it for your AndyMac one, im sure he would be willing to help you out with any questions you have

ash

doug mk2 said:
Or alternatively, can I install the active (mac audio) sub from my old car, ie are all the connections the same etc?

Cheers

Doug

I don't see why not, did you install it yourself?, I'm sure if you do a search in the ICE section for Andymac stealth sub, you will find the wiring diagrams for both the Bose and non-Bose applications.

You can change the speakers easily, but there are plenty of people getting rid of the rumbling woolly Bose subs, so buying a complete unit with the amp inside would be a better bet. Getting new drivers from Bose will cost you a fortune, 802 drivers are about £70 each

Sorry to revive this thread, but Andy, you mentioned 802 driver in your last message.
Is this the driver needed for replacing the speakers in the Bose sub?

Cheers,
Glen

Yes, they are a standard Bose 4" driver, as used in the Bose 802 PA speakers.

Just had a quick search on ebay for 'bose 802' and there are plenty on there.

Cheers,

Lazy ********, I knew they looked the same but wasn't sure, they must have just had some left over from the 802's. I think the front mids are the same as well, and the tweeters are Nokia, same as the non Bose system. They really didn't put much effort into kitting out the A3 did they?

Thanks man.
Cool bike btw.:laugh:

Cheers, had it 6 months now, and loving it!! Fun upgrade from an ER-5, and the Blue/Black combo still looks fantastic. The 12 year old design doesn't look dated, like some of the 90s sports bikes.

It certainly was cool on the 15 mile commute this morning (-4 leaving home). Glad I finally got around to fitting the heated grips last weekend!!

Your R6 must be fun though. A bit lighter to throw into the twisty bits?

Might be tempted into an R1 next year...

Cheers,