help needed with a knocking noise from the engine!

Compkiler

Reaction score
Anyone here have engine knock or movement under hard fast acceleration from 1st to 2nd gear?
I can also hear a knock when I go over small bumps and when I go over speed bumps, I can hear a knock when coming down them?
Also if I'm in 3rd gear say and I am going slow to the point I should be in second and the car starts to near stall, I can feel the engine kind of Shake or move and knock...
I've just put a lower mount in the engine last week but I'm still getting this knock!
I have new Coilovers fitted and I bought new top mounts at the same time. The knock was happening before these were fitted!

Can the engine work it's way loose as I'm at stage 2+ so there's a lot of torque! ??

What other things could cause this please as its getting really frustrating now!

Thanks

Anyone here have engine knock or movement under hard fast acceleration from 1st to 2nd gear?
I can also hear a knock when I go over small bumps and when I go over speed bumps, I can hear a knock when coming down them?
Also if I'm in 3rd gear say and I am going slow to the point I should be in second and the car starts to near stall, I can feel the engine kind of Shake or move and knock...
I've just put a lower mount in the engine last week but I'm still getting this knock!
I have new Coilovers fitted and I bought new top mounts at the same time. The knock was happening before these were fitted!

Can the engine work it's way loose as I'm at stage 2+ so there's a lot of torque! ??

What other things could cause this please as its getting really frustrating now!

Thanks
I also have that knocking/thump noise when going over small bumps and all in the road, not as often on speed ramps though. im also 2.0 tdi

Im having exactly the same issue... get the weird noise when going below 40mph and sometimes on some bumpy bits of road but not always....

from a visual inspection all springs look fine..

I think its coming from either middle of engine or from front left :/

really hard to figure out what it is