Help! Headlight problem!

stevewr1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased an ebay headlight cover kit like below and replaced it on the headlight switch with no issue, I left the headlight switch disconnected from the loom overnight mistakenly.

I have now an problem where the headlights wont turn off with the switch in 0 position and also wont turn off the park lights with the key removed from ignition. I have tried a scan for fault codes (no codes) and disconnected the battery to reset but still no joy.

I have even bought another headlight switch thinking i messed up the original but still have the same issue with the headlights not turning off..they worked perfect before removing the headlight switch...

Any ideas??

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/AUDI-A4-8E-B...414851?hash=item2ee438abc3:g:JKAAAOSwd0BVueko

Last edited:
Hi all,

I purchased an ebay headlight cover kit like below and replaced it on the headlight switch with no issue, I left the headlight switch disconnected from the loom overnight mistakenly.

I have now an problem where the headlights wont turn off with the switch in 0 position and also wont turn off the park lights with the key removed from ignition. I have tried a scan for fault codes (no codes) and disconnected the battery to reset but still no joy.

I have even bought another headlight switch thinking i messed up the original but still have the same issue with the headlights not turning off..they worked perfect before removing the headlight switch...

Any ideas??

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/AUDI-A4-8E-B...414851?hash=item2ee438abc3:g:JKAAAOSwd0BVueko

I would try disconnecting then reconnecting the battery, sometimes it's as simple as that, failing that can you use the original switch with the parts off the replacement? I'm guessing it's just badly scratched worn?

Reactions: stevewr1
I would try disconnecting then reconnecting the battery, sometimes it's as simple as that, failing that can you use the original switch with the parts off the replacement? I'm guessing it's just badly scratched worn?

Thanks man, Yeah I have tried the original switch ( badly worn with new replacement cover) to no avail.

I have tried a replacement switch also from another B6 and thats not working either, I have also disconnected the battery and still no joy.

Headlights will not turn off but will do if the switch is disconnected from the loom. Im stumped??

Last edited:
God damn heap of sh*t of a car, remove a fukcing lightswitch and the fukcing electrics go haywire...what the fukc is with these Audi's?

I should of bought a Honda or Toyota instead grrrrr!!

Happened to me once, and I had to recode the central electronics module for some reason...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A4_(8E)_Central_Electronics_(8E2/8E5)

I have the light sensor installed, and coded for Canada to have fogs as DRL. I had to re-enable light sensor and change the last digit if I remember correctly. But to be honest, it didn't make sense - it just worked after I had VCDS hooked up... Possibly deleting a fault code?

Yeah I have just tried changing the coding but no joy. I don't have a light sensor installed. I have also checked fuses and no fault codes are showing on VCDS. I wonder is it possible that both headlight switches have somehow malfunctioned?

You can't plug it in 180 degrees the wrong way around can you? I doubt it but worth a try