Help....! 2001 Audi S4

custom53

Custom53
Reaction score
I am new to the board. I have, I hope, is an unusual problem, The left rear caliper mountin / carrier bolts fell out of my car...! While it didn't do any major damage the problem I have now is I can't find any replacement bolts. I have tried all the normal auto parts store, Audi Dealers, even salvage yards. No one has any. I will try and post a picture from another forum member that shows them very well.
Does anyone know where I can find these replacement bolts...?

Thanks all...

carrier_bolts.jpg

You should have been able to get them from Audi mate as they have to be replaced if ever removed due to the high torque setting they are tightened to.

You just need part numbers, I'll have a look at vagcat and see if they are listed.

See part 6 below in the diagram, Its listed as N 10240901 - ZYL.SCHRAU - 1.55 Euro

(Part no / german desc (allen head bolt) / price)

For a 2001 8E S4, tho 2001 was the model year split so 8D's were produced then as well, I take it yours is an 8E B6 tho right?

615600.png

Thanks for the help. Way more than Audi helped. If I don't have the resources that Audi does, how can I find the part number...? They were no help at all.

Thanks for the help. Way more than Audi helped. If I don't have the resources that Audi does, how can I find the part number...? They were no help at all.

Have a look at Vagcat.com they have all the part numbers and diagrams for most VAG cars.

Also, this is posted in the wrong section, this is for the B6 S4 and I believe yours is a B5. Hopefully a mod will move this into the right section so you can get better answers from current owners.

Date of Manufacture 07, 2000. Is it a B5 or a B6...?

custom - to be sure, it might be worth posting a pic of the car - that way we'll be able to tell you for sure, but if J7 says "B5", then I reckon it is.... he probably recognised the suspension / caliper pics from the ones on his bedroom/garage walls before you even posted the manufacture date ;)

LostBok....My post was AFTER his Post of the Man Fact Date...:salute:

Mind You if I did have a garage, you never know...and the Mrs wouldnt let me go near her Bedroom walls unless its blends with the Decor!!!!

I know... but what I was saying was that when you were browsing through the thread, I bet u already knew it was a B5 from the "dirty" pictures BEFORE getting to the bit where he spoiled the fun by actually giving a build date ;)

As I stated in the first post, this is a picture from another members Audi. Not mine...

We aint knocking you, Just trying to point you in the right direction.