Help Please Headlights and bulb advice

A4 Jas

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a really difficult time with finding the correct bulbs for my B8.5 halogen headlights to colour match DRLs and fogs

The issue is finding the correct coloured bulbs! I'm looking for a xenon-like colour (somewhere between white-cool blue) I've tried loads of them such as osram nightbreakers, osram "xenon look" and philips white-vision. all of them have a yellowish tint that looks horrible.

I did purchase LED ones which were the perfect colour (6000k) but the car failed the MOT as the LED ones, despite being advertised as e-marked and having a beam pattern, didn't have a pattern and were too long for the reflector.

I considered purchasing halogen projector replacements as it was suggested to me by two other Audi owners that the projector ones have a bit extra length so would support a longer bulb (I still think it wold cause an incorrect pattern).

My last resort would be trying to find bi-xenon replacements at a reasonable price as I have seen retrofits done with these.

Any help would be massively appreciated as it's becoming tedious testing bulbs advertised as white and then having to send them back because they're nowhere near.

I'm starting to think such bulbs don't exist

Thanks

TL;DR
Looking for white/cool blue H7 bulbs that include a beam pattern (suitable for halogen headlights)

Hi,

I'm having a really difficult time with finding the correct bulbs for my B8.5 halogen headlights to colour match DRLs and fogs

The issue is finding the correct coloured bulbs! I'm looking for a xenon-like colour (somewhere between white-cool blue) I've tried loads of them such as osram nightbreakers, osram "xenon look" and philips white-vision. all of them have a yellowish tint that looks horrible.

I did purchase LED ones which were the perfect colour (6000k) but the car failed the MOT as the LED ones, despite being advertised as e-marked and having a beam pattern, didn't have a pattern and were too long for the reflector.

I considered purchasing halogen projector replacements as it was suggested to me by two other Audi owners that the projector ones have a bit extra length so would support a longer bulb (I still think it wold cause an incorrect pattern).

My last resort would be trying to find bi-xenon replacements at a reasonable price as I have seen retrofits done with these.

Any help would be massively appreciated as it's becoming tedious testing bulbs advertised as white and then having to send them back because they're nowhere near.

I'm starting to think such bulbs don't exist

Thanks

TL;DR
Looking for white/cool blue H7 bulbs that include a beam pattern (suitable for halogen headlights)

Have you contacted @t8ups as I am sure he'll have a solution to your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanted bixenons retrofitted, please whatsapp me.

Philips Diamond vision or crystal vision bulbs will be spot on.

The Diamond vision are borderline for show only but I had no problems with them.

Attachments

• 5eac2a050a4905303f35f711dbdce5a5-1.jpg
    5eac2a050a4905303f35f711dbdce5a5-1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: V6_Man
Philips Diamond vision or crystal vision bulbs will be spot on.

The Diamond vision are borderline for show only but I had no problems with them.

I was thinking about them being legal as well but it doesn't seem like it matters as it seems everyone uses the non-road use bulbs without issue.

That being said, Diamond vision seems to be the exact look i'm after

Thanks