Happy birthday to my other half ☺

Yolo_8p3

Reaction score
So she was 5years old yesterday so gave her a great idea Polish still not as clean as I could have wanted but had to start work

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415264968025.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415264968025.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: Sandra and Ironborn
Tidy. :) x

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
I just used autoglym Polish but I think It needs a good clay

Nice. Consider using a clay mitt like the Farecla G3 Body Prep. Clay Mitt. I bought one just after I'd entirely clayed mine so I've not used it myself yet, but it comes highly recommended over standard clay bars.

I may sound like a plank but what's a clay mitt:confused:

Just had my black optics s3 grill fitted now need to find a way to remove the s3 badge without taking the bumper off:cool:

:cool:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415272678165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415272678165.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 182
I *think* if you do remove the badge, you'll be left with an ugly 'indent' in the grille shaping. Don't hold me to that though.

I *think* if you do remove the badge, you'll be left with an ugly 'indent' in the grille shaping. Don't hold me to that though.
Just had a read from the link and that mitt does seem good I pop over halfrauds on my travels

The grill is off eBay it's genuine audi one looks decent but just the badge is beginning to annoy me maybe I'll have to just take the '' 3'' of the badge and leave the '' S''

Have you had your car from new if so what mileage is it on?

Yeah, bought from new, just clicked 30K miles so still very fresh. I work from home so it hasn't had a busy life, but has been pampered.

Yeah, bought from new, just clicked 30K miles so still very fresh. I work from home so it hasn't had a busy life, but has been pampered.
The reason i ask is because mines need a timing belt i think people say 5 years but i'm unsure when did you get yours changed or haven't you yet

Yeah, I got mine done about a month back. Cambelt, water pump and brake fluids, done by Audi Stafford on a Saturday morning. Thankfully they had a 25% offer on the price at the time, which helped ease the pain.

Was it exactly 5yrs you had it done at as I feel kinda scared to drive it now mines has done 57k

Will be getting mine done next weekend:(

Yeah not far off. I'm sure next weekend would be fine. If you're worried, the best you can do is take it steady when driving it, I guess, until then.
I came to the conclusion that a 5 years change recommendation was most likely well within what would see the belt start to dangerously deteriorate for pure safety reasons, so I didn't go into a blind panic about it.
Feels nice having had it done now and taking it out to let the horses run free on occasion. ;)

Nah, 140. I didn't spot a major difference in the test drive.

I went really slim on options. Aside from the default Black Edition treats, I think it was just the footwell/puddle lighting pack, non-smoking pack and rear badging delete. MY GF at the time had a 2004 A3 SE with a load of options and didn't think they were up to much.
Given the choice again I think I'd have had TPMS and cruise control, but the retrofit cost now isn't justifiable given how little I use the car and how I'd be basically giving it away when selling in the future.

How about yours?

I got Bluetooth and ermm not sure other then the other standard black edition features mines is a s tronic so I'm wanting to retrofit the round gear knob and maybe a rns e

Ah you'll probably get better MPG than my clunky gear changes then! :)

To be fair, the whole s-tronic thing rang 'stuff to go wrong' alarm bells with me and I swerved it. How do you find it?

Last edited:
Whats do you usually get mpg wise and do you use computer 1 or 2

Ah right, I always use computer 1 setting and switch mostly between average MPG and speed (for the cameras). I usually see somewhere between 45 and 55 MPG on the dash, although I've had it up to 75+ MPG in the right conditions.

Ah right, I always use computer 1 setting and switch mostly between average MPG and speed (for the cameras). I usually see somewhere between 45 and 55 MPG on the dash, although I've had it up to 75+ MPG in the right conditions.
Is that on a run or around town?

Usually a good range of road/trip types. Short shopping runs (couple of miles into town) would be mid-late 40's, with longer runs being in the 50-55 range.

Usually a good range of road/trip types. Short shopping runs (couple of miles into town) would be mid-late 40's, with longer runs being in the 50-55 range.
Over the past week I've only done town driving around 7miles each way and its around 30-35mpg but when I fill her I'll work it out properly

Maybe a clean out of the EGR valve would help? There's talk on another post that it can get full of crud.