gt28rs downpipe for quattro?

quattro1

Reaction score
ok just won a gt28rs turbo kit on ebay but it comes with a FWD downpipe, does anyone know where i can get a downpipe to suit a quattro/s3? or am i best off trailoring the car somewhere to get one custom made?

IIRC the GT28rs kits are designed to bolt up to OEM kit like the manifold and DP so you should be able to use your current one at least although it does depend on the kit you have bought as a lot of the ebay ones say they fit A3's, S3's etc... do you have a link? some kits use the K04 (S3/TT/LCR) manifold so you would need one of those then and S3 3" DP

<tuffty/>

Hummm... ok, looking at that it looks like it will bolt straight onto your existing DP... there is no mention of injectors so you will need a set of 550cc ones and obviously custom mapping... (rods are advisable if you intend to run a lot of boost)

That FMIC looks like a big one and certainly looks more like a chinese one rather than the 'Forge' they suggest.... similar in size to Wellys on his S3 so fitment wise I suspect it will be very tight and you will most likely have pipes sticking out... the Forge Mk4 Golf FMIC is a different design to that one...

<tuffty/>

yeah i was abit suspicious about the intercooler,golf ones have the inlet and outlet on the same side dont they? will check it over when i go to collect it and no doubt knock a few quid off if its duff!! ive already got pipes sticking out of my bumper anyway so thats no biggy! i just cant see how my dp will fit that? its a totally different shape isnt it? and its from a fwd leon he says so wont that cause fitment issues?? any recomendations on injectors? :laugh: i was thinking something along the lines of these -

Genesis 550cc injectors | Shop VAG 1.8T | Backdraft Motorsport

yeah i was abit suspicious about the intercooler,golf ones have the inlet and outlet on the same side dont they? will check it over when i go to collect it and no doubt knock a few quid off if its duff!! ive already got pipes sticking out of my bumper anyway so thats no biggy! i just cant see how my dp will fit that? its a totally different shape isnt it? and its from a fwd leon he says so wont that cause fitment issues?? any recomendations on injectors? :laugh: i was thinking something along the lines of these -

Genesis 550cc injectors | Shop VAG 1.8T | Backdraft Motorsport

In the pictures showing the DP you will see the initial 5 bolt flange that connects to the turbo and then there is another 4 bolt flange a little past the bend... thats the one that connects to your existing K03 DP

Those injectors are the right sorta thing but I am sure the ones Bill keeps in stock (as used by Welly on his hybrid) are a bit cheaper...

<tuffty/>

ahhh i see now!!! duh that was so obvious lol :lmfao:

Ill have to drop bill an email, need some pricing on maps aswell!

thanks for your help mate, appreciated as always!