GT2871R Eliminator mafless tuning whats your opinions please

Pauls3bam

Reaction score
as above GT2871R Eliminator mafless tuning whats your opinions please thanks in advance Paul:think:

I can see the reasoning behind going mafless on big hp installs but not on an GT2871 unless going standalone but then as Aragorn has said there really isn't much point with the stock ECU and a 2871 is well within the capabilities of the stock ECU...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Pauls3bam
Ok thank you quite new to tuning cars and my brother in the states just said a lot of people go mafless thanks for the info regards Paul
Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Is the stock MAF able to handle GT2871R with out bottoming? How about GT3071R(wastegated)?

Just picked up another block, FSI crank and rods. Havent decided what pistons (because of the bore and CR) to go with E85...

S3 maf maxs out at 292.58 gs so is ok for a 2871r... I currently use an S3 maf on my 3071 but its maxed from around 5.5k rpm on my ext gate... the internal gate 3071 (T25 like my old one I assume) will still max out top end but not seen this version of the 3071 get much over 380hp so its not a major issue... S4 maf might be worth a punt on yours... I may have a go with an RS4 one if the idle on the TT works out ok...

<tuffty/>

S3 maf maxs out at 292.58 gs so is ok for a 2871r... I currently use an S3 maf on my 3071 but its maxed from around 5.5k rpm on my ext gate... the internal gate 3071 (T25 like my old one I assume) will still max out top end but not seen this version of the 3071 get much over 380hp so its not a major issue... S4 maf might be worth a punt on yours... I may have a go with an RS4 one if the idle on the TT works out ok...

<tuffty/>

I think it varies from MAF to MAF - mine is less than yours at 288.88 g/s :(. Again, maxxes out at 5500 K ish.

The APY and AMK/BAM have different MAF's so calibration is probably just slightly different between them.