Grrrr - Dont some people just p!ss you off...

[ QUOTE ]

I doubt very much my attitutde will change to family parking spaces I park in them now and will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why,because they're bigger and your precious car will suffer less damage as a result ?

I can't believe someone could be so wilfully selfish,to be honest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Meanwhile,somewhere in the 'normal' car park,a harrassed woman with several kids is bashing her door off an Audi,because an MB-type was in a child space,for the sake of their over-polished 'baby'.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

At the same time as you say you won't change MB,neither will I.

I will continue to confront those who wrongly park in child spaces,so we'll just have to hope we don't park in the same ASDA !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Be careful if you visit the B+Q where I work - they tend to put nasty large sticky notices on the windows of cars that park where they should not - asking the driver, very politely, not to park there. As these sticky notices are standard B+Q stationery, I assume other stores may do the same.

Mostly disabled spaces, but sometimes parent/children spaces where it obvious someone is blantly misusing the marked spaces.

Look guys, some of you obviously don't like or plan to have children but what was the point of such useful advice as:

[ QUOTE ]
Why do new parents feel the need to bring the product of their /ovaries into work and expect everyone to coo over them?

"Oh wow, congratulations, you've managed to achieve something that every other species on the planet can do and has been doing for billions of years. Now off and let me get on with my work you dribbling ****"

[/ QUOTE ]

And:
[ QUOTE ]

Don't take your squarking horrible kids to the supermarket in the firstplace, drop them off with the grand parents or get your shopping delivered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you don't like children but what's that got to do with this thread or cars?

I don't know where the whole tax thing came from but I didn't get involved in that. Tax is a bitch that's life.

I have edited my posts and "de-pricked" them, sorry about that but I am very angry.

Not all bad advice. Especially about ordering your shopping on line and getting the supermarket to deliver it. Saves agro for everyone.

We do it once a month (the shopping that is !) for all our bulky items and just go the the shops for the fresh stuff. Much better than pushing a trolley around a crowded supermarket. Just sit quitely at home whilst the staff do it for you.

To move away from the point, we have eleven disabled spaces on my street which is only a few hundred yards long - i reckon about 1 in 10 spaces is for the disabled. They are always empty and i have to park 3 streets away. That's Lambeth logic for you filling their quota for the disabled. A bit of research would have told them that there are only two disabled cars on my street but that's probably a bit too obvious for them.

[ QUOTE ]
Not all bad advice. Especially about ordering your shopping on line and getting the supermarket to deliver it. Saves agro for everyone.

We do it once a month (the shopping that is !) for all our bulky items and just go the the shops for the fresh stuff. Much better than pushing a trolley around a crowded supermarket. Just sit quitely at home whilst the staff do it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

We tried it a couple of times (Tesco,Asda and Sainsburys),but it's just not the same.
Relying on someone else to choose your meat/veg/fruit is a bit of a lottery.

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful if you visit the B+Q where I work - they tend to put nasty large sticky notices on the windows of cars that park where they should not - asking the driver, very politely, not to park there. As these sticky notices are standard B+Q stationery, I assume other stores may do the same.

Mostly disabled spaces, but sometimes parent/children spaces where it obvious someone is blantly misusing the marked spaces.

[/ QUOTE ]

My local shopping centre did the same for a wile until some one claimed criminal damage against them as they where aggressively sticky and would not come off, they soon stopped doing that - be warned.

Yes agree with you there. We still go to the shop (Waitrose and/or a local Farmers Market) for our meat/veg/fruit but get all the tins, packets, bottles etc are delivered by Tesco. Excellent service - been using them for a couple of years now.

[ QUOTE ]
To move away from the point, we have eleven disabled spaces on my street which is only a few hundred yards long - i reckon about 1 in 10 spaces is for the disabled. They are always empty and i have to park 3 streets away. That's Lambeth logic for you filling their quota for the disabled. A bit of research would have told them that there are only two disabled cars on my street but that's probably a bit too obvious for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this is silly, I often go to multi-storey car parks and see dozens of disabled spaces empty when the rest of the car park is choc full.

In one of the main car parks in the Queensgate Centre in Peterborough there is a complete floor of Disabled spaces - 90% empty all the time.

Also in St Neots, near where I live, you often see cars with disabled badges parked on double-yellow lines. The disabled person is sat in the car and the driver has gone to do some shopping.

It's stupid things like this that gets the whole system a bad name and frustrates non-disabled drivers.

Quote :-
The bloke that hacked me off yesterday is probably wondering who put their foot into his wheelie-bin exhaust and bent it down to the ground.

Bowfer you are no better than the people you are complaining about. What gives you the right to trash what was probably a £500+ exhaust ?

cough - interesting thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

two things, Bowfer, come down and tell my wife we're odd for not wanting kids, i'd dearly love to see that!! And also, while the thread started off at how mindless people damage others cars, are you seriously saying you purposefully damaged someone elses? Not by opening a door carelessly (Or stupidly) but by standing on the zorst?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I doubt very much my attitutde will change to family parking spaces I park in them now and will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why,because they're bigger and your precious car will suffer less damage as a result ?

I can't believe someone could be so wilfully selfish,to be honest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Meanwhile,somewhere in the 'normal' car park,a harrassed woman with several kids is bashing her door off an Audi,because an MB-type was in a child space,for the sake of their over-polished 'baby'.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

At the same time as you say you won't change MB,neither will I.

I will continue to confront those who wrongly park in child spaces,so we'll just have to hope we don't park in the same ASDA !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowfer, please think of me as you like. Trust me my opinion of you after reading your replies on this forum isn't very high.

So I like to keep my car clean and shiny and away from people bashing doors against it, that my choice, I chose to spend my own money on my car and I like to look after it. I was also sensible enough to actually drive the car I was about to buy and therefore love my car!

Your choice is obviously doing mindless vandelism to other peoples "chav mobiles". I would hardly put parking in a family parking spot in the same league as mindless vandelism! With any luck the owner of the Nissan or wahtever it was will have made a mental note of your car and will get revenge later. Fingers crossed if it does happen it is you driving the car and not your wife with the kids in the back!

I actually hope we do meet in a car park and you feel the need to confront me, it would give me a great pleasure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.

[ QUOTE ]
The bloke that hacked me off yesterday is probably wondering who put their foot into his wheelie-bin exhaust and bent it down to the ground.

The **** parked his chavvish Nissan 200ZX in a child space next to me in Asda yesterday.

Needless to say,he had no kid with him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Mindless vandalism isn't usually my thing,but I deemed it as justice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
bowfer, I'm truly appalled to read you did that. I have been the victim of mindless, thuggish car vandalism from pond-life many times in the 11 years I've been driving, and would <u>NEVER</u> consider vandalising someone else's car, for any reason whatsoever - much less because a guy was parked in the wrong poxy car space. Unbelieveable.

What goes around comes around though, and no doubt you'll have the chance to feel exactly as marriedblonde did when he discovered the scratch down the side of his car. Unless this kind of behaviour is stopped from every source, vengeful or mindless, it will never end.

Steve b - yeah ,its quite warm here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...Turned out nice again...

[/ QUOTE ]

yes Steve, a very nice day today, ho hum..........

Gentlemen, please get off the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif box now and let's get back to important stuff. Forums are such lousy places to have willy waving contests.

We decided not to have kid's. So I guess that makes us odd!

Also, we're both selfish.

If I'd have spent thousands bringing up a couple of dust-bin-lids I probably wouldn't have the Audi and instead be driving an old Ford F*ckeye or something similar.

No contest in my book!

I never park in Diasbled spaces and only park in Mum and Dad spaces at night when there are loads of spaces available and I'm feeling lazy.

Have to say that vandalising someone's car because they parked in a Mumsy space is pathetic and I can't believe someone is bragging about it like its acceptable. The kind of mentality that finds this a justification for vandalism probably found a similarly pathetic reason to scratch MBs motor.

Sure, its nice to have bigger, safer spaces in a car park if you have kids, but I'm guessing you don't turn around and head for home if you find all the Mumsy spaces have been taken up. How on earth did you survive before nice Mumsy spaces were invented? Did your family wear fluorescent jackets and special hard hats with flashing hazard lights on top to help you safely negotiate the hazards of Asda's car park?

What happens when the person in front of you stops at the first pump in a petrol station rather than move up to the next one so you can fill up too? Do you firebomb their car while they're paying at the till?

My guess is that if you don't already, you'll soon be writing letters to the Editor of the Daily Mail. "Enraged, from Purley" etc...

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, its nice to have bigger, safer spaces in a car park if you have kids, but I'm guessing you don't turn around and head for home if you find all the Mumsy spaces have been taken up. How on earth did you survive before nice Mumsy spaces were invented? Did your family wear fluorescent jackets and special hard hats with flashing hazard lights on top to help you safely negotiate the hazards of Asda's car park?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the point. Even before I became a dad earlier this year I didn't share this selfish attitude.

Think of it this way, the spaces are doing you a favour as you're less likley to have a dented car. It's hard enough getting a car seat in and out when you can open the car door fully but it can be damn near impossible if you only have a small gap.

Having the parent and child spaces near the front is not because we're lazy but to help with what is difficult enough already. I guess you've never been shopping with a child? Calling them "mumsy" spaces is a bit narrow minded. You have no idea, I was shitting myself the first time I took my daughter on my own to Sainsbury's.

If I'm parking on my own I often go for the spaces furthest away where no cars will park either side of me.

For the record, I never said people who don't want kids were odd, I never commented on tax's or education.

However, I can't condone vandalism even to a chav mobile.

The attitudes on here stink, I really expected better of fellow Audi owners.

You're right, I jumped in too quickly and I removed those comments yesterday.

Sure Gareth I take your point - I have nothing against children, in fact my parents had some and I'm glad they did. The quicker me move on from the whole Have Kids or Don't Have Kids debate the better. Its too personal.

I am not criticising the spaces, or the people that use them. I just don't think they are so vital as to justify vandalism.

Don't get your hopes up about Audi owners either - we are a strange mix of technophiles, lower management and pondscum!

Perhaps my actions in bending this chav's exhaust were a bit 'rash',but in the heat of the moment the fact that he wilfully stuck two sovereign ringed fingers up to common ****** decency,combined with the fact that he had a type of exhaust which annoys the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out of every time one drives past my house,accumulated.

MB,I still find the fact that you slag off' these spaces,but use them yourself,more than a bit "double standard". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

So I find those who deliberately avoid kids a bit 'odd'.
So what ?
In my experience they are,so I'm not going to apologise for my opinion.
They often have 'substitute kids' in their life,which can take many guises from pampered pets,to overly prized cars,to collectables etc.etc.etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I apologise if I have offended anyone.

[ QUOTE ]
Poppped over to visit my parents yesterday. When I parked up outside thier house I noticed some kind jerk had put a scratch from the passenger door all the way down to the back.

Needless to say I am ****** annoyed. Got home, pulled up outside the house and notice Claires Mr2 has a great big ****** scratch in the rear bumper.

The only place my cars been left is outside the house so it must have happened there. Didn't think I had upset our neighbours that much...

Looking forward to moving even more now, kinda makes the steess a little more bearable.

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet you are glad you set this bomb off!!!!

Can we all agree that some people have kids and some don't and that we will not kick the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out of each other if we meet at the local Sainsbury's. The world would be a much happier place.

If we all go into our local supermarkets and petition for "Audi" spaces, away from the Nova driving codheads and biddies I think our problems will be solved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This thread was entertaining reading but I don't want to get too caught up in it so all I'm going to say is...

Instead of complaining about Disabled / PWC spaces or indeed using them when you shouldn't, why don't you just straddle the line of a couple of 'normal' spaces! That's exactly what I intend to do when my car arrives so no-one can open their doors on mine.

I can live with all the "****** women drivers" comments to save my paintwork, although the extra walk from the quieter corners of the car park will be a pisser! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i have 1 kid,jay who's 12 and its the most fun ive had,he makes me laugh and he makes me want to cry sometimes too,cos he wont do as he's told,but they come out with things that are innocent to them but hilarious to adults,and i would'nt change it for anything,watching him brings back my childhood,although the football on a muddy sunday morning,and jay always knows best can be a pain.

but as you say each to their own,and i have no problems with other poeples coments,
the world in general is a selfish place,and most people are out for themselfs,atleast thats what ive seen,
so lets atleast try and get along on here,ive noticed a few threads getting bitchy now.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps my actions in bending this chav's exhaust were a bit 'rash',but in the heat of the moment the fact that he wilfully stuck two sovereign ringed fingers up to common ****** decency,combined with the fact that he had a type of exhaust which annoys the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out of every time one drives past my house,accumulated.

MB,I still find the fact that you slag off' these spaces,but use them yourself,more than a bit "double standard". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

So I find those who deliberately avoid kids a bit 'odd'.
So what ?
In my experience they are,so I'm not going to apologise for my opinion.
They often have 'substitute kids' in their life,which can take many guises from pampered pets,to overly prized cars,to collectables etc.etc.etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I apologise if I have offended anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not double standards at all I just choose to park in these family spots. If it was double standards I would be chastising all the non family people for parking in them and then using then myself.

My car is not a substitute for a child, I don't have children yet but claire and I are planning on having hence my current house move that I am going through now to a big family home in a good area with the best school in my town - planning ahead!

Like I said in my previous post I choose to keep my car, and Claires car, clean and polished because I like cars, I take pride in my cars, always have and always will although I imagine juggling children and car cleaning along with all the other stuff going on is going to be a struggle!

I keep my shoes polished as well as I take pride in my appearance are they a substitute for kids as well...

J.

[ QUOTE ]

Bet you are glad you set this bomb off!!!!

Can we all agree that some people have kids and some don't and that we will not kick the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out of each other if we meet at the local Sainsbury's. The world would be a much happier place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry I shop in sainsburys and I think the car park in question is Asda!

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, I jumped in too quickly and I removed those comments yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Something along the lines of never write your reply in the heat of the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can also assure you that parents will,largely,be of more revenue to the supermarket than you,so that's another reason for them to be 'pandered' to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?!? Don't see how this can be true. I reckon everyone spends within their means and if you don't have kids you'll just buy better stuff in the shops. It all evens out. Where you'll be buying choco sugar flakes and nappies someone else will be buying posh wine or 'finest' ready meals instead of the cheapo ones.

That said I can see why it is better for parents to be nearer as they might have the hassle of shopping with several kids on their own and trying to lug all that stuff.

I generally try to park away from crowd, especially the idiots who can't get themselves into a space properly. How many times do you see a car that appears to have been either crashed or abandoned in carparks?

[ QUOTE ]
:
Instead of complaining about Disabled / PWC spaces or indeed using them when you shouldn't, why don't you just straddle the line of a couple of 'normal' spaces! That's exactly what I intend to do when my car arrives so no-one can open their doors on mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this any better than parking in a disabled/pwc spot. There have been several occations where I've spent ages driving round car parks, not being able find a spot only to see several taken up by inconsiderate selfish people who think their car is more inportant than others to warrent two spots being taken.

If you don't want the risk of other people damaging your car, don't take it out of the garage. Next time I see someone taking up two spots, I'm gonna park my car so close they won't be able to get to the door handle, let alone open the door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously?!? Don't see how this can be true. I reckon everyone spends within their means and if you don't have kids you'll just buy better stuff in the shops. It all evens out. Where you'll be buying choco sugar flakes and nappies someone else will be buying posh wine or 'finest' ready meals instead of the cheapo ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
When a packet of nappies is around £10 a pop (and that's just one item) it would take a helluva lot of penny pinching on other things to make up for it.

I'm not moaning about it,just saying that I would think everyone's shopping bill increases with kids.I can't think of any couples that 'scrimp' on other items instead.They just accept the extra cost and get on with it.

We often wonder what we did with our money before kids.
Frittered it away on £70+ meals every Saturday night !
We don't miss them,as they became so regular as to become 'boring'.

[ QUOTE ]
We spend thousands of pounds paying for other peoples brats to grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did we all forget that we were once kids. Who paid for your upbringing?

Apparently we all owe David Robinson some money. He's been married 38 years so he was paying tax when most of us were kids.

Ha - just looked at "Who's Online" - there's loads of you watching this thread. Clearly an emotional one.

Just an observation.....
This is audi-sport.net

not winge-like-a-girl.net

(no offence to girls intended)

I think this thread has run its course and is just getting personal now.

I hope I am not the only one who thinks so and suggest we pursue more active topics before people fall out or get offensive

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We spend thousands of pounds paying for other peoples brats to grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did we all forget that we were once kids. Who paid for your upbringing?

Apparently we all owe David Robinson some money. He's been married 38 years so he was paying tax when most of us were kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents did who paid for yours? remember when we where kids Taxes (Vat) where lower etc, there wasn't family credit available...

[ QUOTE ]
My parents did who paid for yours? remember when we where kids Taxes (Vat) where lower etc, there wasn't family credit available...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your dad got a married man's allowance though,which isn't available now,and the family allowance has 'always' been around.

Family tax credit,as you will find out when you have your own kids,is barely worth bothering if you earn anything like a decent salary.

Again,I'm not moaning about it,merely pointing out innaccuracies.