Good time to buy an A5 Sportback?

alpesh26

Reaction score
I'm going to be moving back to the UK very soon and i'm tempted to get a nearly new A5 Sportback. Would now be a good time to buy one of these as the new one will be released in the new year?

I'll be buying on a PCP and doing around 20k miles a year. With the new shape coming out, I don't want it to depreciate like a stone because it wont set me up well for when i come to trade it in. I'm not looking to make money on the car, just looking to minimise the damage when it comes to trading up.

I used to have an A4 B8.5 so i'm fairly familiar with the faults on those, are there any specific faults on the later model A5 SB to look out for? Does the A5 suffer from tramlining like the A4?

The 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Tronic is probably what I will be looking to go for. The 3.0 TDI is also an option, but with the mileage i'm doing it might not be the most economical option.

Yes the new shape will have an affect, but then you are getting a bigger discount up front, so...

If its nearly new, you will be getting a used car PCP, with much lower GFV and much higher APR. Might be worth pricing up the new model and seeing how it compares.

Should be able to get a few grand discount, even now. Check out CarWow, etc.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and alpesh26
I had a look on carwow and got some decent quotes back on the new A5 SB. I need to speak to the dealerships to see what they can do on the PCP deals though

Theres some really good deals on the Golf GTD at the moment and the C class Merc

I had a look on carwow and got some decent quotes back on the new A5 SB. I need to speak to the dealerships to see what they can do on the PCP deals though

Theres some really good deals on the Golf GTD at the moment and the C class Merc

You can play around with the finance calculator on the Audi website to work out PCP deals. Just add any discount and subtract any options to get the total finance amount right.

Yea the golf and C class are nice. Theee good options there

Pulled the trigger on an ex demo A5 SB 2.0tdi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition Plus in Misano red, pick it up at the end of the month (long story)...I want it now, can't wait to get shot of this Cayenne!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Whats a PCP deal? Lease?