GF's TT....in a bad way :(

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
My other half has a 2001 TT Roadster which to be honest...I think is a bit of a pup..rough around the edges etc.

Anyway its been in for a service today and we have had the dreaded phone call with a list of issues....

First one is the big one....

The diff is f*cked...I always knew the car had a whine to it but it seems the diffs the issue and it needs replacing..

Both rear springs are snapped! (Eibach....no shock there then)

Front shocks are both seeping fluid

CV boots split

The garage wont touch the diff job, they say its a huge job and they're not prepared to even quote :(

Rear springs I can do but I'll either need to get 4 x standard springs or 2 x -25mm springs and only change the backs

Front shocks...meh...I suppose I'll have to do that too.

I thinkthe GF wants to part ex it into a dealer ASAP to save doing the work in time for the MOT next month...part of me agrees with her.

So she's now super ****** off and I think my weekends been riuned as I'll be working on her car for most of it if I can get parts.

She got the car just after we got together a couple of years ago but she wouldnt let me come with her to view the car. If she had I'd have told her to walk away....women!!!. The cars been a problem child from the start with lots of little niggles etc...the last being a huge boost leak that I managed to sort but even so...its like the unloved ginger stepchild now.

Rant over!

Anyone know how long the warranty on Eibach springs are?, its not the first set I've heard of that have broken. They were fitted by a previous owner and the invoice is in the service history so I need to check the date on it. Its a biit crap that they've broken.

T

My other half has a 2001 TT Roadster which to be honest...I think is a bit of a pup..rough around the edges etc.

Anyway its been in for a service today and we have had the dreaded phone call with a list of issues....

First one is the big one....

The diff is f*cked...I always knew the car had a whine to it but it seems the diffs the issue and it needs replacing..

Both rear springs are snapped! (Eibach....no shock there then)

Front shocks are both seeping fluid

CV boots split

The garage wont touch the diff job, they say its a huge job and they're not prepared to even quote :(

Rear springs I can do but I'll either need to get 4 x standard springs or 2 x -25mm springs and only change the backs

Front shocks...meh...I suppose I'll have to do that too.

I thinkthe GF wants to part ex it into a dealer ASAP to save doing the work in time for the MOT next month...part of me agrees with her.

So she's now super ****** off and I think my weekends been riuned as I'll be working on her car for most of it if I can get parts.

She got the car just after we got together a couple of years ago but she wouldnt let me come with her to view the car. If she had I'd have told her to walk away....women!!!. The cars been a problem child from the start with lots of little niggles etc...the last being a huge boost leak that I managed to sort but even so...its like the unloved ginger stepchild now.

Rant over!

Anyone know how long the warranty on Eibach springs are?, its not the first set I've heard of that have broken. They were fitted by a previous owner and the invoice is in the service history so I need to check the date on it. Its a biit crap that they've broken.

T

Bad times Tom mate - My A4 is getting the boot soon also - I've only had it 11 months and it's had a wheel bearing and now needs a EGR pipe - £450 later.... p*ssed!

I'm going to cut my losses before i have to pay out more again - looks like the Wife wants an A6 final edition or an Allroad....

Part of me thinks I can just get it sorted but then whats going to happen next?, another £500 next month etc?. She's not really into cars so just see's it as a massive problem...she wants a car that doesnt rape her bank account each month and I'm fed up of fixing the ****** thing. If the diff wasnt shafted then I'd tell her to keep it...but the diff...thats a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG job.

I think its got to go to be honest....chuck it in PX somewhere and forget about it..... bit rude though.

wounded mate, part ex all the way on this one mate

fix it sell it straight away is a waste of time and money, fix it and keep it and like you say whats going to go next?

eibach lowering springs snapped, never heard of that one before, defo not good though

hope you get this sorted one way or another

Bad times tom. I think its this month, everybody is having problems ey!! Give her your car, and get an S3! hehe :) nahh I think the eibachs (considering they are the sportline pro) should have a million mile warranty i THINK. If the diff is expensive, try finding someone thats breaking a TT and make an offer?

Found http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Audi-4-Mot...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item255a13faa3 And says it should fit, but i'll leave that to the ASN experts :)

I'm thinking it needs to get PX's pronto so we can just get shot of the ****** thing.

I've found her a cool 2 year old low miles Polo GT in black....all the toys. She's not liking it but I reckon it'd be spot on....once I've got it on coilovers and LM's :)

Or you could buy my fezza mate :D Its faster than porsches, lambos! Overtakes them easily when they're at 65 and im at 70:icon_thumright:

Tom, she has got to go mate, get rid, start afresh and get working on that Polo, lowriding on the BBS's.

Yeah I think so too, slammed on LM's...that way I'll be able to chage 'scene tax' for all that ride in it :)

Yeah its going....got it chopped in against a new car. After me wanting a Polo or Golf (anything VAG really) we came to a compromise on a.......

.....you'll have to wait and see...dont want to jinx anything!! ;)

ha ha, its nothing that exciting but its a nice car and fits the 'fun and economical' requirement.

She was getting hammered by the TT's running cost and I wanted something that was a bit of fun to chuck about.....so after a lot of looking at all sorts of stuff we got something that fits the bill.

Will be revealed all in good time :) It wasnt something I initially thought would be any good but after driving it I had to change my mind.

Guess the car now is it? Like for like(sort of)? Daihatsu Copen?

daihatsu_copen_2004_03_s.jpg

Nope.

Dont get thinking its anything really exciting. More of a '****** hell, this is pretty good!' when test driving it. Good fun but not massive power.

20 hours till collection so I'll fill you all in then...but dont get falling off your chairs when you find out what it is.

Still no one close. Dont build this up into anything its not...but.........the car is.......

Still at the dealer as they've not managed to get it ready in time so you'll have to wait till Saturday. :)