Front bumper removal

yetirider

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone removed the front bumper on an 8V or know where I can find a diagram?
I've rubbed mine against the house bay window for the second time.....
The first repair didn't do a great paint match and rounded the sharp edges.

Its frustrated me for sometime so i'm going to buy a new bumper and have it sprayed correctly.
I was hoping to reduce the cost by doing the removal and refit myself.

Cheers Phil

Can I suggest you look at eBay for the software "Elsawin". This is the same electronic workshop manual as used by dealers and it it gives you all that you will ever need about the A3. Cost is usually between £10 -£20 and will run on any Windows PC or Laptop.

Can I suggest you look at eBay for the software "Elsawin". This is the same electronic workshop manual as used by dealers and it it gives you all that you will ever need about the A3. Cost is usually between £10 -£20 and will run on any Windows PC or Laptop.

Cheers I only have Macs in the house and it looks like windows only....

Im sure someone could PDF you the pertinent pages for bumper removal in installation if they have Elsawin on here...just need to find someone who'll admit to having it first o_O

I had to have the front bumper off when I had my grille replaced after a plucking pheasant decided to walk out on me (there is a thread somewhere with pics). I tried to work it out for ages and ages, it's not at all easy. I paid my friend £50 to fit it in the end as Audi wanted £159 per hour for labour... Sorry I can't be of more help, but for the hassle it caused it was worth paying a mechanic a few quid to just get it done.

I did find this online though from this page http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a3-s3-sportback-qu-a3-eu-2013-8v-d-000-001-80710-bumper-cover/:

cbe5e819e8bc012d45b85efc17471778.png

If I'm right in thinking you need to undo the wheel arch lining and there's bolts behind there. Audi had to do it on mine when I first got the car. But it was under warranty