Front Brake Squeal, its really getting annoying now!!!

norad97

Reaction score
So I changed my front disks and pads using,
Mtec grooved and drill disks, EBC Ultramax pads, cleaned and greased the slider pins,
applied greese to the carriers and pads where they move, did it all correct.
But when I lightly touch the brake pedal they screech, lift off lightly, screech,
push a bit harder on the brake and nothing.
So I guess as the caliper moves not the pads, I assume they must be rubbing at the contact points of the pads??

Is this since you fitted the different pads springs?

No still using the original ones as I was struggling to get the new ones on, I painted them, added an SLine decal, lacquered them,
got a bit annoyed trying to fit them, as they were getting scratch flying off.

Had similar issues, resolved with a little bit of wd40 onto the caliper piston.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So guess you have to take it all apart again, would that WD40 affect the rubber seal?

Surely WD40 will burn off on the first sign of heat?

There must be proper high temp grease for pistons/calipers.

No still using the original ones as I was struggling to get the new ones on, I painted them, added an SLine decal, lacquered them,
got a bit annoyed trying to fit them, as they were getting scratch flying off.

Consider these Mintex self adhesive anti-squeal shims:

Mintex Ceratec anti squeal shims

What I don't get is the pads clip into the caliper and it's a floating type, I cleaned and greased the slide pins with silicon and the metal parts
of the pads and where they sit in the caliper were all lubricated before assembly.

Ive just installed MTEC discs and pads and they are silent. Looking on Google seems to be quite a few results of people having squeaky brakes with EBC pads...

My chriping was as a result of a bit of dirt or corrosion on the piston itself. Local mechanic said small squirt of wd40 under the rubber piston cover should free it up. Did that four weeks ago problem hasn't reoccurred yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks.

Low speed brake squeal is usually the effect caused by high-speed vibration between piston and brake pad. Some brake pad providers supply a brake pad with a suitable anti-squeal shim while others don't. If you want to resolve your "Front Brake Squeal, its really getting annoying now!!!" then you need to look at the piston-to-brake-pad interface. Lots to be seen this particular issue on the 8P RS3 threads from 2011 where AUDI UK and AUDI GmbH FAILED, like I mean FAILED, FAILED to resolve the issue with OEM pads but others did!

Away from the 8P RS3, an alternative and more suitable brake pad for your use would be a set of Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads that DO have a suitable anti-squeal shim affixed and are NOW AUDI and Mercedes approved for OEM:

https://www.ferodo.co.uk/products/light-vehicles/eco-friction-brake-pads.html