Forge TWINtake

I wonder if for short term race use a WMI kit is not more useful. The standard FMIC is adequate for general use, but then for hardcore use the WMI adds significantly to the performance.

Deleted post? ah well, let me put it another way, The argument against is flawed on many levels, but old country boy doesn't want to see it and is continuing to post IMHO anti Forge material for some reason we may never know.

Forge Motorsport are one of the most respected aftermarket suppliers and put a lot of time and money into development of products, ask yourself this, Why would they produce a product that 1) Does not work 2) Has no gains for the user?

If you have a beef with Forge then take it up with them direct but please stop making yourself loo like a complete loser on this site...

You gonna do FMIC Iggu

Hey up Nathan. Nah I'm done now mate. Car is plenty quick enough for what I need it for (commuting, occasional ragging, half dozen track days a year) whilst still being within safe & reliable limits. The task now is to keep it that way for the next 2 years because I see nothing on the horizon that I fancy more than what I've already got. Yet.

Deleted post? ah well, let me put it another way, The argument against is flawed on many levels, but old country boy doesn't want to see it and is continuing to post IMHO anti Forge material for some reason we may never know.

Forge Motorsport are one of the most respected aftermarket suppliers and put a lot of time and money into development of products, ask yourself this, Why would they produce a product that 1) Does not work 2) Has no gains for the user?

If you have a beef with Forge then take it up with them direct but please stop making yourself loo like a complete loser on this site...

i wouldnt say a complete loser the points he's making are valid mate its good to here all arguements from all sides this is what makes me purchase something .....

mikey is well in to tuning like yourself and tunes the shyte out of diesels so he knows what he's on about just like you , so tbh your looking like the loser by getting personal andy....

ive done it myself in the past but i try to not do it anymore as there's no point and you lose respect.....

Last edited:
Hey up Nathan. Nah I'm done now mate. Car is plenty quick enough for what I need it for (commuting, occasional ragging, half dozen track days a year) whilst still being within safe & reliable limits. The task now is to keep it that way for the next 2 years because I see nothing on the horizon that I fancy more than what I've already got. Yet.

Its nice to see someone satifisfied and happy with their car, well done Andy :applaus:

Much the same here Iggu....I'm happy with the car,it seems reliable and adequately quick,and any mods now I'll confine to suspension upgrades.

BTW...I see your point about the GIAC vs Revo boost levels at the Level 2 and 2+....as we both agree though,it shouldn't cause any harm if the engine and turbo are treated with at least some respect!

All the best!

i wouldnt say a complete loser the points he's making are valid mate its good to here all arguements from all sides this is what makes me purchase something .....

mikey is well in to tuning like yourself and tunes the shyte out of diesels so he knows what he's on about just like you , so tbh your looking like the loser by getting personal andy....

ive done it myself in the past but i try to not do it anymore as there's no point and you lose respect.....

Not being personal, just honest.

Lets try to keep things away from insults folks...

It's my understanding that you only really concern yourself with laminar flow once you get to the MAF, where you want an accurate measurememt, then as smooth a passage as possible into the turbo...

What's upstream of the MAF doesn't matter...you want as much cold air as the engine needs, ideally with some to spare.
Since it's at atmospheric pressure - unless you have found a few "/wg by ducting from a high pressure area behind the bumper, it doesn't matter what goes on with the unfiltered/filtered air pre-MAF...only post-MAF.

So what's the problem with twin inlets/twin filters?
Seems sensible to me.

One thing everyone can be sure of, is that the Forge kit will be well made.
They say it adds power. Fine.
If someone buys a kit and tests it independantly and it doesn't...then it's fair to question the design and marketing...but from looking at it...it seems a reasonably clever piecs of lateral thinking to get round a space issue.

I'm sceptical of the gains...I'd love to see proof...but certainly can't see too much of a problem with the design.

Those who have it are happy...so it can't be bad, can it? As the people who are commenting aren't fools...they do know a bit about chasing big power, and have practical experience to back it up.

Why not leave all the digs out of this and just get back to the actual point of this thread?

A lot of us(myself included) use Forge products,and a lot use similar products from alternative manufacturers.

The performance gain from this one has been measured and offers a gain,albeit a small one,over the CAI,amounting to a few bhp in total.

The gain relative to the stock system is obviously bigger,but for those who already have a CAI the question is whether such a gain is worthwhile.

i wonder what its gona cost , because il have one of those as im still on stock and was thinking about a cai i may wait for this and see how much its gona cost ....??

i wonder what its gona cost , because il have one of those as im still on stock and was thinking about a cai i may wait for this and see how much its gona cost ....??

Maybe ask jonnyc.

Another point is going from stock,it would be more cost effective,but you have to weight that against the relative gains of each,on YOUR car and state of tune.

Airflow limitation is much more likely at high rpm and on highly tuned engines,if it is going to occur.

well its a 2.0tfsi and im getting a stage one remap.... eventually i may go uprated feul pump and stage 2 and exaust so not sure weather to just get a cai or wait for this ...

well its a 2.0tfsi and im getting a stage one remap.... eventually i may go uprated feul pump and stage 2 and exaust so not sure weather to just get a cai or wait for this ...

I'd drop jonnyc a line and get his views,as he's the only one here using one as yet.
He may even be able to give a rough price,or alternatively give Forge a call.

I wouldn't leave the exhaust till last though,as it really does make a difference along with the CAI....the advice I got from AMD was that the CAI makes less of an impact than the exhaust and a remap,but obviously after about 310-330bhp you also need the fuel pump,and you may also be looking at a few other items by then as yours is not an S3 to begin with.

Cost is the big thing...a remap is about £500,whereas the full exhaust is double that,and to get the best out of a Stage 2 remap you need that.

Thanks for the positive words , quite simply if this didnt work we wouldnt make it , as I have posted elsewhere , there are several CAIs on the market located in the engine bay , pulling hot air , we tested on our first MKV Golf a series of different set ups , any that were located in the engine bay performed worse than the standard air box, we were close to leaving it and just making a drop in filter , then we pushed the intake all the way to the front of the car , this made good power and was a true COLD air intake , the new twintake just takes it to another level, just so you all know this is not a BMC filter , its our own design , different internally to the BMC ...the finished production product will most probably be all black , with black silicon ...it will be well priced ,and we need to do the S3 version as soon as we can , although we have a new Nissan GTR in the shop for 6 weeks and a LCR track car so we are rammed ...busy but it will be done

Thanks for the positive words , quite simply if this didnt work we wouldnt make it , as I have posted elsewhere , there are several CAIs on the market located in the engine bay , pulling hot air , we tested on our first MKV Golf a series of different set ups , any that were located in the engine bay performed worse than the standard air box, we were close to leaving it and just making a drop in filter , then we pushed the intake all the way to the front of the car , this made good power and was a true COLD air intake , the new twintake just takes it to another level, just so you all know this is not a BMC filter , its our own design , different internally to the BMC ...the finished production product will most probably be all black , with black silicon ...it will be well priced ,and we need to do the S3 version as soon as we can , although we have a new Nissan GTR in the shop for 6 weeks and a LCR track car so we are rammed ...busy but it will be done

will the s3 version be the same as the 2.0 tfsi sportback it should be shouldnt it i dont mean to sound thick just not very clued up on these things

I'm really looking forward to this product.

I went Carbonia as for the 1st 3 years whilst the car had a high percentage of finance on it, I didn't want to be ripping off the engine cover and making the car look heavily modified. Even with the limited mods I have some dealers have treated me like a second rate citizen.

Now well over half the car is paid off and we are coming up to the end of the 3yrs and about to pay off the bubble payment to clear VW Finance I am much happier about more visible mods.

Just as a point of interest, a guy on Seatcupra.net (Forum name: RCS24K) had a Mk2 Leon Cupra with Stage 2 mods. He suffered misfire issues, and when SEAT UK got involved after the dealer failed to rectify the issues, they were informed the car was heavily modified and also heavily financed through VW-FS then they wanted to reclaim the vehicle and terminate the finance agreement leaving him very out of pocket. Always be aware this is a risk if you take this route and have any serious problems.

forget the twintake. went to my local dealer and got a great deal on Forge CAI couldn't ressist and boy, i'm glad i couldn't. sound is addictive. :o.k:

Interesting read, the logic seems right, I think its a shame version 2 wasn't built as this looks ideal and easy to fit in comparison to the wheel arch fed set up.

My Evoms seems to be doing a good job and makes some great noises so I'm unlikely to change but if they were on the market originally I may have been tempted.

Just another quick thought would it be worth getting some heat shield and fitting this on the exposed edges of the Evoms set up or for the gains a waste of money ?

Graph is out

6089_223762570393_166492375393_8113.jpg

Quote "MK5 2.0T FSI TWINtake Dyno - 15 peak horsepower gain @ 6200 rpm with an impressive 49 hp improvement @ 2400 rpm and over 100 lb/ft of torque @ 2400 rpm over the stock airbox. Tests conducted back to back within 30 minutes of each other, without even removing the car from the dyno to install the TWINtake."