flat bottom steering wheel

vr6gordy

Reaction score
im after fitting a flat bottom wheel to my b6 cabriolet and need to know a few things ..like which wheel do I need to go get as I have a multi fuction wheel fitting now ..will I need to swop the control box over for the new wheel or will it still work ..also how do you swop the air bag wiring? links or anyone done this ???/

I think if it's from a b7 then the airbags are not compatible as b6 has single stage airbags and b7 has two stage airbags!

All flat bottom wheels are dual stage, I think you would need to be mad to fit a dual stage airbag into a single stage system.

Reactions: pauldazzle and Welshquattro
cant find a gray flat bottom wheel anywhere

it can be done very easy
but you run the risk of bag not working.

some work and some fail just the chance you take hazy days will sort you fitting etc and also the parts.

All flat bottom wheels are dual stage, I think you would need to be mad to fit a dual stage airbag into a single stage system.
+1

Which cosmetics are more important? A nice steering wheel or your face? If the airbag doesn't work you run the risk of the "nut behind the wheel" hitting the nut that holds the wheel on...

Speak to Jack at royal steering wheels. Will do custom wheel for you however want and it's done on exchange basis. Lovely work. Very impressive.

Reactions: SmoothAssault