First service

Jax

Reaction score
Right guys... Woman here, no fella to ask... So asking you. Be nice.

March 2015 - a3 2.0 Tdi

Needs oil service it tells me on screen when I turn car on.

18500 on clock.

Is this a full inspection service or an oil service... And does £405 at Audi sound a lot?

I don't like my local dealers particularly... Not treat my car well in past. Ok to go independant so long as genuine parts used?

How do you know if you are on long life servicing or normal?

Confused :(

Reactions: MikeParkin
18.5 k is pretty much the maintence service stage so check what Audi are going to do for that price, if it's more than just oil then that's sadly about the standard price. Where are you based?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
West Yorkshire.

So what exactly would they be checking? Any ideas?

Your supplying dealer should be able to tell you what service interval is set...They usually are set to Long Life service from factory..I had to ask my dealer to set it to fixed when I took delivery of mine...It was picked up in November last year and the mmi has already reminded me of an oil change in 19 days time. I will be taking it to the main dealers but will suplly my own oil and filters...:yes:

Your supplying dealer should be able to tell you what service interval is set...They usually are set to Long Life service from factory..I had to ask my dealer to set it to fixed when I took delivery of mine...It was picked up in November last year and the mmi has already reminded me of an oil change in 19 days time. I will be taking it to the main dealers but will suplly my own oil and filters...:yes:
I'm trying to work out how the hell you dont have a fella!

Reactions: FR4NC15, FBF01, pburv and 3 others

Like a moth to the flame lol. At least give her an answer to her scenario if you're gonna post that haha

Last edited:
Reactions: FBF01, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Hi @Jax id assume they would do an oil and filter change.

I've just had my first service done and will not be going back to the dealers for any more of there services.

My next service is going to be done by an independent garage using genuine parts.

Give your dealer a call and they should be able to check your car for the service intervals that were set to it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jax, pburv and SpeedyFrog
£405 does sound a bit steep, however my dealer was £360, however once the cars outwith 3 years old, I can get 2 consecutive services for £385, madness!

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog

Well my regy has been cloned on here,wonder if @Jax....could clone my phone number.....lol shop about Jax,Audi will price match...your service/inspection...against anyone..at a guess £310 bangers.

Ps..l do look exactly like my avatar.............lol

Reactions: Sandra, MattSedg, Daytonapig and 2 others
Why not just get a quote from your local independent, and then get your Audi dealer to 'price match, which Audi Portsmouth did for me, and the Longlife oil and inspection service cost me £108.44 for my 1.4 COD, but that is with me supplying the oil, which cost me just over £40.

I think your dealer is trying to rip you off BIG time quoting £405!!

Reactions: batch, pburv and SpeedyFrog
Right guys... Woman here, no fella to ask... So asking you. Be nice.

March 2015 - a3 2.0 Tdi

Needs oil service it tells me on screen when I turn car on.

18500 on clock.

Is this a full inspection service or an oil service... And does £405 at Audi sound a lot?

I don't like my local dealers particularly... Not treat my car well in past. Ok to go independant so long as genuine parts used?

How do you know if you are on long life servicing or normal?

Confused :(
That does sound steep Jax, I'd have thought half of that!

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and SpeedyFrog
Yer Spoken for av saw the holiday pics...lol....am in Limbo.....Am FREE....LOL
Like Jassy i too have changed my avatar to one actually of me. Last years hols on scarborough beach!!

Reactions: MattSedg, batch, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Like Jassy i too have changed my avatar to one actually of me. Last years hols on scarborough beach!!
Hey ! i know jassy has just had his plates cloned........But come on @Daytonapig Where did you get that pic of me from? Was it one from my catalogue model days...:whistle2:

Reactions: Daytonapig, SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
Hey ! i know jassy has just had his plates cloned........But come on @Daytonapig Where did you get that pic of me from? Was it one from my catalogue model days...:whistle2:

He's just had a Bond moment..... Just leave em alone,normal service will resume soon....lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Of course Mister....Bawnd.... Lol

Budgie smugglers are defying the laws of physics...... MMMM.....LOL

Reactions: Daytonapig, SpeedyFrog and pburv
Of course Mister....Bawnd.... Lol

Budgie smugglers are defying the laws of physics...... MMMM.....LOL
Ha Ha....Mishh money Penny....

Reactions: Daytonapig and SpeedyFrog
That mileage will be oil change and inspection which includes dust and pollen filter I think. JCT600 have some garages round your area-get some more quotes. With a car as new as yours I would try and keep it main dealer in case you have a warranty claim in the future.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Ha Ha....Mishh money Penny....
Feel a Whitesnake song coming on....
Poodle hair n all.....lol

2XNp6Y

Reactions: Daytonapig, SpeedyFrog and pburv
That mileage will be oil change and inspection which includes dust and pollen filter I think. JCT600 have some garages round your area-get some more quotes. With a car as new as yours I would try and keep it main dealer in case you have a warranty claim in the future.
Fair point @Scottk ...Would still be worth getting your own oil and filters(VAG approved) and getting them to do the service..

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
Straighteners ye mean ya goat.... Stay aff that spring waaattter tooooo many bubbles in it for you lol
Lol was waiting for the comment....Couldn't be ar*ed changing the pic..lol

Reactions: Daytonapig and SpeedyFrog
**** sake guys, a member has a genuine query - put your tongues away and behave!

Reactions: MikeParkin, James_TDi, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
**** sake guys, a member has a genuine query - put your tongues away and behave!
Steady on batch! She had quite a few sensible replies to her query...lol

Reactions: batch and SpeedyFrog
Yes you lot behave.
Are we all at home on a friday night.

Reactions: batch, SpeedyFrog and pburv