First post - Hi guys

s3mad_dude

Noggies ruuuule!
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

My first post on AS.net. Just thought I'd introduce myself really. I've been a member for years but was mainly on tyresmoke.net and haven't posted on here.

I bought a 2000 model Audi S3 back in 2005 and sold it last year. Sad times...but I've now got another one! It's a tasty 2002 model in Nogaro blue. I only got it last week and I bought it from the original owner so was really happy to find it.

I'm going to give her it's first wash tomorrow so I'll have to get a picture up once I've cleaned it.

Cheers!

James.

Hello and welcome back Im new ish too only had mine for 3 months a silver 2001 S3 210 mapped to 270bhp.

Managed to get a snap today. It's only a phone pic, but came out alright actually.

It's an October 2002 model (BAM), with the following bits: BOSE, Black/blue leather alcantara seats, electric sunroof, brushed aluminum mirrors and genuine 18" RS4/TT alloys. Wish it had cruise control for those motorway journeys so going to get that done at some point. Apart from that, I have no plans. Maybe an iPod kit because at the moment I'm burning CDs from iTunes which takes aaages!

Can someone tell me if it's possible to retro-fit cruise with the stalk that has the "coast" option. The last retro-fit I had on my old S3 I later found out was a VW golf stalk and the slider switch just had on/off meaning I had to tap the clutch pedal to disengage so that I could use the resume facility. I understand from the S3 manual the cruise should have an On, Semi-off, Off (click) position. Can some one confirm? Thanks.

And one more thing. I've seen some S3s on here that have the chrome grille surround painted shiny black. Are these grilles bought or have they painted them. They look great and I'd love to get one!