Finally Got My S3!

yes, i think it is block 066 on vagcom which does the clutch switch. Haev you got the clutch switch that can be adjusted or one of those new purple ones? i had the issue with not setting the switch properly and ran that for a while without realising (as revs still went up when changing gear).

Errr, not sure what one I've got. It's dark blue.

It quite a bit bulkier than the old one. The spring loaded switch is quite a bit thicker than the old one too.

Yeh, If you can adjust the length of it then you need to be careful it is set at the right length. Trial and error is the way I went. Just make sure the switch registers (usually you will know when the revs stop flying up)

Glad your happy with the Neuspeed Ryan. Looks like youve got a belter there!! More pics, more pics!!! lol

The new switches don't need to be adjusted.

Try refitting it. I had to a couple of times before it worked. Keep the dash panel off and watch block 066 in vcds/vagcom while you fiddle. Worked for me.

Cheers chaps.

I'll get some more pics up this week, I promise!

Need to get a tiny dent out the bonnet and it'll be 100% straight.

Anyone recommend any good firms around the Midlands/East Anglia?

Ryan

Ah you're only at Colsterworth, I only work at Honey Pot Lane a stones throw from Colsterworth. I feel there could be an opportunity for a little S3 meet coming on seeing as we are all so local!!

Chaps,

Need some help...

Went to start the car this morning and it died on me again. Popped the bonnet wiggled the battery wires and it started fine. Now I'm certain it's not the main terminals since they're both clean and bolted tight. I think it may be either the earth or the small pack on top of the battery with numerous wires going into it?

Ideas?

Muchos appreciated

Ryan

Few more pics off my phone... I'll endeavour to get the DSLR out this weekend and get some proper pics...

IMG00096-20110528-2038.jpg

IMG00104-20110601-1949.jpg

Chaps,

Need some help...

Went to start the car this morning and it died on me again. Popped the bonnet wiggled the battery wires and it started fine. Now I'm certain it's not the main terminals since they're both clean and bolted tight. I think it may be either the earth or the small pack on top of the battery with numerous wires going into it?

Ideas?

Muchos appreciated

Ryan

"pack on top of the battery" carrys flat fuses, common for breaking, they may look ok but take them off and they are likely to crummble. hope this helps

I know not many would be this honest, but I'm not planning on selling it... EVER!

I paid £7,250 for it in the end. The guy had people calling him offering £8k!!! Think I got a steal, especially with the history!

I had a play with the misses in the 135i (306bhp) on the way home. The S3 was a fraction slower, really chuffed with this little pocket rocket, and roundabouts.... HELLO! Haha :racer:

Just don't let her Stage 2 that thing or it'll male the S3 look silly. I had a ride in a 335i at Stage 2, around 390bhp apparently and OMG :). I checked them out on E90post and the claims were true, serious money to get there though...being BMW.

looks nice Ryan
black painted grill surround mmm how long before stone chips.

Just dropped a mate off in Grantham, drove home, literally 100m from my front gates and some c**t decided to overtake a lorry which was about 20m in front of me coming in the opposite direction....

I swerved out onto the grass verge doing 60mph (thank god for Quattro!), but he still managed to smash my drivers side mirror and scare the s**t out of me.

I looked in my rearview mire and he didn't stop, so I turned around (still shaking and swearing like mad) and gunned it after him. I caught him up after about 2 miles (he's been speeding trying to get away), flashed him over and had a rant.

He was a teenager in a works van, insured under his mum?!

Anyhow, I got all his details etc and shall be calling my insurance company in the morning to put in a claim against him. Car will be getting sorted at Audi since he'll be footing the bill! I just hope in the light of morning, there's no other damage!

In 8 years of motoring, this is the first 'accident' I've ever been in whilst driving.

Anyhows, I'm off to change my now brown pants, I'll get some pics up in the morning of the damage.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan
You have someone looking over you for sure.
Also I would of been shaking too much to have chased the culprit.

I no my friend, definitely had someone looking down on me tonight!

They were not getting away from me, oh no... I love my car and everybody in the wrong should be brought to justice!

I'm 6ft world powerlifting champion, confrontation didn't come into my mind... When I pulled him over and got out, he s**t his pants. He tried to palm me off with a cash-in-hand settlement on the side of the road, but I told him to do one...

Some people these days!

What a little git trying to do a runner. Surprised you didn't get the rozzers involved. Some serious restraint there Ryan not to beat him.

It would have been like kicking a blind dog... I'm not a violent person either... really...

Alex, he literally hit me 100m from my top gates, and I caught him about a mile from the A43/A1 junction! He must have been peddling it since I was FLLLLAT out... Didn't miss 3rd gear either! Lol...

Crikey... Road rage to the extreme!

I wasn't quite that mad! I just hate deceptive, law breaking idiots like the kid who hit me...

Worryingly, I can't find the 550d and the 7d has a flat battery, so the trusty BlackBerry had to do...

IMG00148-20110605-1342.jpg

IMG00150-20110605-1343.jpg

IMG00151-20110605-1343.jpg

IMG00153-20110605-1343.jpg

IMG00154-20110605-1344.jpg

IMG00156-20110605-1346.jpg

IMG00155-20110605-1345.jpg

IMG00160-20110605-1348.jpg

And the (not too bad) damage from my incident the other night. The window glass is quite badly scratched from the mirror hitting the window on impact.

IMG00158-20110605-1347.jpg

IMG00157-20110605-1347.jpg

I promise to get some decent pics up when I find my 550d!

Ryan

Cracking car, I love the blue alcantara inserts.

I've had two of these cars and my last one is probably my favourite ever car, they just do everything so well.

Here is my old Avus S3:

S3AS.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't too sure on the interior to start with, I had to buy the car though since it ticked every other box...

I'm now in love with the colour, it really brightens up the cabin and I don't get a burnt *** sitting in them when the suns been out!

Popping into Audi tomorrow to get some TT alloy pedals, new aerial, ambient lighting kit and get quoted for a brake fluid change.

I hated the blue in photo's as too garish but in the flesh its sweet,aero wiper for rear Ryan

Agreed!

I'm picking up a rear aero wiper from St. Ives VW tomorrow! They're so less cluttered than the standard wiper...

I think the interior looks quality, even in the photos. Often see that interior on nogaro blue which I don't like so much, but looks really stands out on a black car. Iv got the White alcantara centre which looks good, but hard to stop it from looking grubby on a 10 yr old car.

I'd personally be tempted to go for colour coded wing mirrors if you have smashed yours. I think the chrome ones are fairly steep?

They are colour coded (black), I don't like the aluminium mirrors, look at bit chav IMHO.......

I'm getting Audi to write up a quote for the wing mirror, new drivers window and the dent removal where his mirror hit my car after falling off! It's only a minor dent, but I may as well make the most of it since his insurance will be paying for it all... ;)

Haha, they look ok on lighter shades but defo not black....

Just ordered my ambient light kit and alloy TT pedals from Audi ;)

Pilot Sport 3's should be here tomorrow also.

Agreed!

I'm picking up a rear aero wiper from St. Ives VW tomorrow! They're so less cluttered than the standard wiper...

Shame i transfered to Bedford Vindis i could have given you discount at St Ives lol.

Cheers for that Mr Smith ;) Just dropped your name and got the entire front and back aero kit for £124!

Legend.

Ryan

LOL awesome. Who served you? young guy or guy with glasses?

Some old-ish chap with glasses, helpful bloke.

The ambient light kit is just 2 LEDs with a connector which shine down onto the gearstick area.

Only guy in parts with glasses is dave the parts manager. He`s a good bloke. Probably why he sorted you out after mentioning me.

Haven't updated this in ages...

Nothing major has changed with the car, added the internal ambient light kit, TT alloy pedals, Forge 007p and some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on the front.

Still waiting for the insurance payout for the wing mirror, window and dent removal...

Also treated myself to this:

IMG00234-20110701-1716.jpg

My initials are RW so it kinda works, I may tweak it a little bit...

Hope everyone is well!

Ryan :)