Ferodo premier brakes....can't find a supplier?!

TheDriver

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to for a full set of Ferodo Premier pads and discs all round. Thing is, barely anyone seems to sell them anymore. Anyone have a clue where actually stocks them?

I've tried ECP, GSF, Euro Motaspares, TPS, Opie and lots of other local motor factors. They either don't stock them and/or can't order them in, citing 'supply issues'....whatever that means? Next option is either Pagid from ECP or ATE from TPS.

Any leads on stockists or opinions on brake choice would, as always, be much appreciated.

Cheers.

EDIT: found some on Amazon but they work out almost the same price as TPS. Surely there must be somewhere a bit cheaper?

Pagid OEM & are really good, I've been using them for years & never had any issues. One of my mates runs a garage & he won't fit anything else to his customers cars anymore.

Yeah, wouldn't really be too hung up on brand. Surely size is far more important than brand but in terms of brand as pauldazzle says Pagid's fine. If you must have Ferodo eBay probably has some too.

Cheers lads for your input. I think it's going to end up being the Pagid - £136 all in from ECP. TPS are a gnats knacker over £200 for their 'genuine' ATE manufactured brakes and Ferodo come in at about £185 using eBay/Amazon combo. To be honest think if rather save the money at this point. In normal driving conditions is there anything between them? Doubt it.

Agree with you completely there Jake, size will have much more bearing on the brakes than brand. I would at least like to go up to 312mm front and 255mm rear, ideally as cheaply as possible but the larger carriers are darn expensive. £100+ on eBay, £100 each +vat from TPS and going round to a bunch of scrappies is going to be rather tedious and a bit of hit and miss so my notion is to stick to the regular sizes for now, even though they look so puny behind the 19's!

Cheers guys, and if anyone knows where I can get some 312mm carriers on the cheap I'd be indebted.

Thanks

Found full set of Ferodo Premier for £145 including vodka and tonic from a supplier in Stockport. Think I'll go with them for the simple fact that after all the forum scouring this week, I have not come across a single post that has damned the Ferodos, and although more people have mentioned the Pagid setup, there are a couple of people that have either had issues or have a higher estimation of Ferodo. Probably naff all between them in all honesty and the people who have had issues have probably either ran some rock hard track pads with the standard Pagid discs or failed to clean up the brakes and install them properly. Either way I'm sure they'll both do the same job. Plus when asking the question Pagid or Ferodo, my mechanic said Ferodo, my tyre guy said Ferodo, and on other forums such as BMW, Alfa, Lexus, VW, etc, the feedback from Ferodo users have all been unanimously good.

Right. That's enough self justification. I'm off to buy some new brakes. Knowing my luck I'll probably come across some proper cheap pad carriers after collecting the regular sized brakes today!! Cheers lads :)

Cheers lads for your input. I think it's going to end up being the Pagid - £136 all in from ECP. TPS are a gnats knacker over £200 for their 'genuine' ATE manufactured brakes and Ferodo come in at about £185 using eBay/Amazon combo. To be honest think if rather save the money at this point. In normal driving conditions is there anything between them? Doubt it.

Agree with you completely there Jake, size will have much more bearing on the brakes than brand. I would at least like to go up to 312mm front and 255mm rear, ideally as cheaply as possible but the larger carriers are darn expensive. £100+ on eBay, £100 each +vat from TPS and going round to a bunch of scrappies is going to be rather tedious and a bit of hit and miss so my notion is to stick to the regular sizes for now, even though they look so puny behind the 19's!

Cheers guys, and if anyone knows where I can get some 312mm carriers on the cheap I'd be indebted.

Thanks

There's usually loads up on eBay, I went up to 320mm front (just 20mm shy of S4) and 288mm rear from a 2.0T Special Edition (Craig Cull's car) for a very reasonable price.

There's usually loads up on eBay, I went up to 320mm front (just 20mm shy of S4) and 288mm rear from a 2.0T Special Edition (Craig Cull's car) for a very reasonable price.

That sounds like a very reasonable choice of set up mate. I've bought the standard sizes now but for future reference, did you only have to change your carriers or was there a bit more involved? Unfortunately time wasn't really on my side in order to acquire the necessary upgrade parts at a workable price as the pad warning sensor came on about a fortnight ago. Outer pads looked fine so was unsure which ones needed changing. Obviously the piston side tends to wear down a bit quicker so after taking the wheels off I saw that the inner pads have literally got a few mm left before metal plus the discs are pretty scored/lipped so had to pull the trigger pretty soon-ish. Can't be having dodgy brakes on the wife's car with 2 little nippers in it.

Anywho, need to find a caliper winder backer tool now and a nice wire brush. :)

What car do you drive by the way Jake?

Ah right cool, should still be good with new brakes anyway. It was calipers, carriers and all other bits and bobs but people ask silly amounts for S4 and RS4 bits. Mine's a 1.9tdi with more money in parts than the car's value :happy: (aprox 200bhp with god knows how much torque so felt the need).

Yeah I see what you mean, they're dear aren't they. I wouldn't mind an S4 set up, albeit very much overkill, but they sure do look nice under there :) I think you've made a wise compromise tbh mate, decent increase in braking performance without 'braking' the bank as it were. Personally, I find the diesel AvantQ we've got a little heavy under braking, now I don't know if that's because the brakes were wearing/worn or if I'm just used to the greater stopping power of my 330d. I think they definitely need bigger brakes though, the efficiency is not as good as I'd expect and it just seems to take more effort to slow it down, like the car feels as though it's dead heavy. It can't be that much heavier then the Beemer, then again it does have bigger discs/pads. lord knows how poor yours would have felt like with all the tuning you've had done! Definitely had to beef them up!